Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Report Help

tag
RazzleDazzle
Established Member

Credit Report Help

I currently have two negatives on my credit report. One for $2,100 from about 5 years ago when I lost my job and another one that I'm waiting to fall off at the end of this year.

I recently got a call from JC Christensen and Associates this week threatening to send my collection to their attorney if I didn't pay the now $3,100 I owe the. Even though it was only $2,100 with the last collections company that tried to collect on it.

I'm still unemployed in this economy and don't have the money to pay them. I just got an alert that they did a hard pull on my credit report this week and it dropped me 12 points.

Can they do a hard pull on me?

Can they just tack on another $1,000 on to the amount I owe?

Do I have any other options on how I can get rid of this new collections company and get them off my report?

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Credit Report Help

If the DoFD is in fact from 5 years ago the debt may be outside of your states suing SOL.  What state are you in and do you know the DoFD?

A CA can add fees and interest if the original agreement allows it and so does your state.

Yes, a CA has PP to do a HP.

Message 2 of 25
RazzleDazzle
Established Member

How do I tell the DoFD? Is it the same as the "Last Payment Made"?

Message 3 of 25
RazzleDazzle
Established Member

Also, I just checked my transunion and the debt is still being held my WFNNB not JCC, does this still allow JCC to do a pull even though they don't own the debt?

Message 4 of 25
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Yes, it doesn't matter if the CA owns it or is assigned the debt, they still have PP.

TU and EX don't have the DoFD, only EQ.  They have a drop off date.  I think it is on the ones you get from their site or annualcreditreport.com.

Is there a payment history that shows when you first went delinquent and never brought the account current again?

Message 5 of 25
RazzleDazzle
Established Member

On Equifax my Date of First Delinquency says N/A?

Does this work in my favor in any way?

Message 6 of 25
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Can you cut and paste or post the TL.  Omit personal information.  No DoFD is odd for an account that is CO'd or a collection.

Is there a payment history you can look at?

Message 7 of 25
RazzleDazzle
Established Member

Here is a copy of it as it shows on my equifax report.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/442/creduz.jpg/

Message 8 of 25
guiness56
Epic Contributor
Message 9 of 25
RazzleDazzle
Established Member

Try now.

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.