Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Report deletion methods?

tag
Archangels
New Contributor

Credit Report deletion methods?

I have a charged off credit card account from 6 + years ago that is still showing as a, "NEGATIVE" on my Experian FICO report. How can I get that detated asap?

Details are as follows:

Details 

Original Creditor
SYNCB/CC1
Company Sold
PRA
Account Type
REVOLVING
Date Opened
Feb 2012
Account Status
Closed
Payment Status
Charge-off
Status Updated
Nov 2013
Usage
0%
Balance
$0
Balance Updated
Nov 25, 2013
Credit Limit
$400
Monthly Payment
$0
Past Due Amount
$0
Highest Balance
-
Terms
Revolving
Responsibility
Individual
Your Statement
-
Comments

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Report deletion methods?

I don’t see the original date of delinquency, only the day it was updated as PIF which was 5 years and 4ish months ago. If the original date of delinquency is within ~6 months of being 7 years old you could ask for an EE, I believe. (I may be wrong).

You can call the CA and ask for a goodwill deletion as well.
Message 2 of 3
ridgebackpilot
Established Contributor

Re: Credit Report deletion methods?

Do you know the date the account was added to your credit report? If the account was charged off and added to your report in early 2012, then you may be able to get it deleted right away by filing disputes with the credit bureaus.

However, if the account opening date was 2013, then you've got another year to wait. You may be able to get the CRAs to delete the account a few weeks or months early, but that's not going to help your immediate needs.

Your only alternative in that case would be to appeal to the creditor for a goodwiil deletion, but that's often a heavy lift.

Good luck!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.