Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Report with More History?

tag
TenaciousRebuilder
New Contributor

Credit Report with More History?

I am rebuilding my credit from a job loss about 5 years ago and have 1 unpaid CO and 1 unpaid collection remaining on my report. The unpaid CO is a credit card that shows a "last activity" of about 4.5 years ago but I believe those might be payments made after the account  was already charged off. 

The monthly reports available from this website don't go back far enough to determine when the account was actually charged off. If I obtain a credit report directly from one of the credit bureaus, would that have more detailed information and allow me to pinpoint when the clock started for SOL and CR dropoff?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
JoeRockhead
Senior Contributor

Re: Credit Report with More History?

You can go to annualcreditreport.com and get all three of your reports for free, and they should show the entire history of each account in your file that is still being reported.

Message 2 of 4
GZG
Valued Contributor

@TenaciousRebuilder wrote:

I am rebuilding my credit from a job loss about 5 years ago and have 1 unpaid CO and 1 unpaid collection remaining on my report. The unpaid CO is a credit card that shows a "last activity" of about 4.5 years ago but I believe those might be payments made after the account  was already charged off. 

The monthly reports available from this website don't go back far enough to determine when the account was actually charged off. If I obtain a credit report directly from one of the credit bureaus, would that have more detailed information and allow me to pinpoint when the clock started for SOL and CR dropoff?

like @JoeRockhead said, you'll need to pull your full report from https://www.annualcreditreport.com/ in order to see the full history of the tradeline.

Every credit aggreagator resource has problems with faithfully and accurately representing the information found on the official report. Even Experian and myEquifax fail to do so on their own websties compared to the official report.

Starting FICO 8:

Current FICO 8:

3/6, 5/12, 14/24

Message 3 of 4
TenaciousRebuilder
New Contributor

Thank you. That is exactly what i was looking for Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.