Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Score Confusion

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Score Confusion

Hi guys!

I'm on a credit rebuilding journey. I was in the 500s and the last month, my score on Capitol One Creditwise is 633 (yay!) and through my bank, my Vantage Score 3.0 (from Transunion) is 633. I know I'm not going to be approved for an apple card but I thought what the heck since it is a soft pull and of course was denied but when I got the email explaining why it says my TU score is 577. I"m so confused. What scores are the actual ones I should pull to get a good snapshot of what my credit scores actually are?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Re: Credit Score Confusion

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi guys!

I'm on a credit rebuilding journey. I was in the 500s and the last month, my score on Capitol One Creditwise is 633 (yay!) and through my bank, my Vantage Score 3.0 (from Transunion) is 633. I know I'm not going to be approved for an apple card but I thought what the heck since it is a soft pull and of course was denied but when I got the email explaining why it says my TU score is 577. I"m so confused. What scores are the actual ones I should pull to get a good snapshot of what my credit scores actually are?

Brace yourself, there are more than 30 credit scores....

The one that matter are the one that a specific lender uses. Most lenders use some variation of FICO scores, not Vantage scores. 

Message 2 of 4
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi guys!

All Vantage. You can get your free EX FICO score at Discover Scorecard or experian.com.

Message 3 of 4
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi guys!

They pull Transunion FICO Score 9 classic.

https://www.apple.com/apple-card/financial-health/

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.