Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Score just hovering!!!

tag
Amiashu12
Regular Contributor

Credit Score just hovering!!!

Hello Myfico family! I would like some insight as to what can be done to raise my credit score. Chap 7 was discharged on 03/21/20. Since then, I was able to get back with Capital One which was IIB and also have some decent CL cards. Penfed $10000, Penfed $1500, Capital One $7000, Venmo $8000 and PayPal Mastercard $7000. I only use Capital one and Venmo and rest are just locked away. I do not have any loans. That being said, what can I do to raise my Credit Score? Thanks

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Credit Score just hovering!!!

If you can get into NFCU or PENFED and apply for a SSL. That would help your credit mix. That will help.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Personal-Finance/SSL-Share-Secured-Loan-Technique/td-p/6371294 

Message 2 of 17
Amiashu12
Regular Contributor

Thanks Firemedic for your quick response. Would you recommend Self credit builder? Also, just got done with Penfed and they said there is no penalty for paying early but the monthly payment has to be more than $25. I was thinking about $1000 ssl. 

Message 3 of 17
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Im not rehearsed on how PENFED handles their SSL's.I did have NFCU's. Is there anyway for you to get in NFCU?

Message 4 of 17
Horseshoez
Valued Contributor

I had a PenFed SSL until a few months ago and it was easy to use, easy to pay down to under 9% (which pushes your next due date out months or years), and it served its purpose for me very well.  I went ahead and paid the SSL off when I got my first car loan in a very long time back in October.

I categorically refuse to do AZEO!
Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FireMedic1 wrote:

If you can get into NFCU or PENFED and apply for a SSL. That would help your credit mix. That will help.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Personal-Finance/SSL-Share-Secured-Loan-Technique/td-p/6371294 

Why a Secured Loan @FireMedic1 ...? The poster may qualify otherwise? Looking for the reason Smiley Surprised

Message 6 of 17
Horseshoez
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Why a Secured Loan @FireMedic1 ...? The poster may qualify otherwise? Looking for the reason Smiley Surprised

I would argue if one doesn't actually need a loan and simply wants a single installment loan for FICO scoring purposes, then the best bang for the buck is an SSL; it will cost far less over the life of the loan than a typical signature loan.

I categorically refuse to do AZEO!
Message 7 of 17
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

No HP and just borrow from your savings and still get interest on what sitting there. Until a auto loan or some other type of other loan comes in. Temp credit mix fix.

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Horseshoez @FireMedic1

Totally zoned what you said out! Yeah, the rate difference is significant!

Appreciate settling back down to the ground Smiley Sad
Message 9 of 17
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
@Horseshoez@FireMedic1

Totally zoned what you said out! Yeah, the rate difference is significant!

Appreciate settling back down to the ground Smiley Sad

@AnonymousIts all good. Go take your Geritol Pops!

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.