Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit advice needed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit advice needed

I'm looking to get an auto loan in the near future. My current myfico is 660. I have one negative acct on my report. It's a collection for 1000 from 2012 that was reported 8 months ago. That's the only derogatory and I have 4 years of ontime auto payments. I am currently at 39% utilization on my ccs. My question is what would give me the biggest bump....getting a pfd on the collection or paying my utilization down to 10%? Thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit advice needed

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm looking to get an auto loan in the near future. My current myfico is 660. I have one negative acct on my report. It's a collection for 1000 from 2012 that was reported 8 months ago. That's the only derogatory and I have 4 years of ontime auto payments. I am currently at 39% utilization on my ccs. My question is what would give me the biggest bump....getting a pfd on the collection or paying my utilization down to 10%? Thanks in advance.

Getting a PFD

Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any ideas of how much an increase?
Message 3 of 18
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Any ideas of how much an increase?

I would venture to say it would put you over 700. Its recent in Ficos eyes so its weighing heavily on your score.

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think either one is going to give you a signifigant bump. Are both doable? What current revolving accounts to you have, and what are the individual balances/limits?

@Anonymous wrote:

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have four ccs that are at 19%, 46%, 46%, and 45%. I have another revolving acct at 58%. I can pay all those down to where all acts would have a 0 balance and one would have 10%. That's the best way to carry a balance correct? I'm looking for a quick increase to put me at 675 for dcus best rate. I can't do both right now I have an extra 1300 and that would be enough to pay down the balances. I'm trying to arrange a pfd with cbe group as the another option.
Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Balances and limits currently are 190/1000, 240/550, 360/750, 556/1200 and the other acct is 352/600.
Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, while all of them are high, none are in the 'danger zone'. If you can get them to PFD, that would be best. A cleaner report is always better in the long run. Just be aware the PFD's are simply not an option with some CA's. Not sure how tough CBE is.

Message 8 of 18
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

I agree with all the comments so far.

Your current utilization is not all that critical but the recent collection is a real score killer.

Work on getting that removed but of course if you can further reduce those CC balances you will see some good come from it.

Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Directv assigned the debt to cbe. Cbe doesnt seem to want to do a pfd. directv will take payment tho. Should I pay directv and then dispute with the bureaus once cbe reports it at a 0 balance? I've seen where some have had success with this.
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.