Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit dilemma

tag
zerobacan
Established Contributor

Re: Credit dilemma

@distantarray wrote:

I removed all my collections with ITS letters (intention to sue) after they illegally reported my debt without providing proper validation of my accounts and records. They had over 51 combined errors on my reports even charge off dates late payment dates and even charge off year across the board was inconsistent. 

There's many ways to deal with collections, not just a pay for delete, but if you want more info go to creditboards.com if i go into it further here the cardinal fangs of myfico won't be happy =)

LOL

Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Delta 2k (AU) Discover iT 5k, BOFA Siggy $5k, BOFA AlaskaAir Siggy 5k, BBVA Compass $5k! Macy's $4.5k, C1 $2.5, SFCU $2.5k, SFCU LOC $2k, Paypal SmartC $4k, Sam's 5.5k Victoria Secret $2k, Kay's $1.7k.,76/Citi $1.5k Amazon $5k, Walmart Disco $3k JC Penny $4k, C1 $2.5, BBRZ 700.
Starting:TU:536 EXP:561 : EQ:552 Current:TU:680 Walmart (2-15-14)EXP:712 FICO!! (12-4-13):EQ:622 (FICO 2-6-14) Uti 27% Goal: 720 By 12-13.
Message 11 of 12
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit dilemma

@mistasteve wrote:

Thanks guys I really appreciate the advice!!

One more question: What about new credit? If my plan fails and no CA will accept my PFD offer. Would getting a secured credit card and keep my utilization low help my credit over time?

You absolutely should get at least a secured credit card to start. If I read your earlier posts correctly you have no open credit lines? With just the collections and the paid car loan your credit score will not improve much. With a secured card and some positive history you could see fairly rapid improvement. And six months of that would give you some options for unsecured credit with Capitol One or a few others which would continue to increase your score.

There is definitely life after credit hades. It just takes some time and effort during the rebuilding process. A few years ago when I first started these boards I couldn't imagine myself ever being in the prime credit position I am in today. Keep the faith and keep asking questions.

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.