cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit dispute completed but no action taken. Why?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit dispute completed but no action taken. Why?

So I found an error on my credit report. It showed 2 late payments on my student loans. I quickly called my student loans and they acknowledged the error, sent me an email to confirm that it was their error and sent me a physical letter stating of the error and that they will be reporting this to the 3 bureaus so it can be removed and be "ontime" instead of "late. This was in early June 2019. They also said they send out the corrections data at the end of each month.

So I waited till about middle of July but still no change. I called my student loans and they confirmed that the data was sent and for me to open a dispute with 3 bureaus, so I did. I wrote to them, ceritified mail. Inside the letter was, the offical dispute letter, a copy of my student loans letter to me showing that they admitted to the error and will correct it, and my credit report, with highlighted areas of what needed to be corrected.

I've received responses from all 3 bureaus. All of them said the dispute has been completed but nothing was changed and theres no "reasons" explaining why nothing was changed. The letter did have 2 columns of "before dispute" and "after dispute". and my late fees are still there.

I contacted my student loans again and they said they sent the data end of june and also end of july. So it's out of their control now. I am stuck. Should send another dispute letter? I've tried calling but no luck either. Please help. Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Credit dispute completed but no action taken. Why?

Two routes you could take. CRA's update on the first of the month. So that would be around the 30-60 days for it to happen. If it hasnt been fixed by then. You can file a complaint with the CFPB. Upload all the documets. The letter of fault by your student loan provider that shows they did send request for removing the lates. And all 3 CRA letters saying their investigation was complete and found no errors. Which we know its accurate. They'll jump then. I had a zombie debt listed on my report. They farted around. Filed with the CFPB, next day gone.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! I will try this.

Message 3 of 4
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Your welcome and BTW Welcome to the Forums Bob!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.