Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit karma equifax keeps dropping drastically after some disputes

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit karma equifax keeps dropping drastically after some disputes

Hi,

So I have a bunch of negative charge offs from credit card companies on my account. I disputed the date of the last payment. So now I see my score dropped 39 points after they validated the transaction. I don't get why this is. It says remarks added to the account. It was already on there to begin with so why should this hurt me even more?

Some of the other disputes it looks like they put a temporary freeze while its being investigated. Would that hurt?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
lns1976
Regular Contributor

Re: Credit karma equifax keeps dropping drastically after some disputes

It sounds like these disputes are still ongoing.  I really wouldn't pay attention to any changes until the disputes are resolved.

Don't try to rush it, just be patient and see what happens after the dust settles.

Fico 8 3/27/2022 EX: 611
Vantage TU/EQ 3/26/2022: 613/613
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

okthat helps 

Message 3 of 7
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

You lost points because of the update on the account, not because of the comments.

What is wrong with the date of last payment/why does it matter?

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Whats being updated on the account there? If none of the information is actually changing and there is no additional issues I don't get how that could cause a score to drop

Message 5 of 7
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

In other words. Anytime something is touched on an account like a dispute that is verified. The date of the verification is looked at by FICO as new. Theres nothing to dispute on CO's. Its 7 yrs from the first late that led to the CO status. If you lurked before joining. You'd see we always say dont dispute accurate items on your report.

Message 6 of 7
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

In other words. Anytime something is touched on an account like a dispute that is verified. The date of the verification is looked at by FICO as new. Theres nothing to dispute on CO's. Its 7 yrs from the first late that led to the CO status. If you lurked before joining. You'd see we always say dont dispute accurate items on your report.

This. @Anonymous, any time the account is "looked at," or verified, the last update field is updated. It doesn't mean something changed.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.