Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit line increases

tag
howellco2
Frequent Contributor

Credit line increases

I have asked for a credit line increase on my Capital One Quicksiver account 3 times and have been turned down all 3 times (ask every 90 days)

However I did not ask for CLI on my Wellsfargo card it was increased 1600.00 Home depot and Lowes both went up 1200.00 and Discover went up 1000.00 last month

Have had to Capital one card the longest almost 3 years all those other are about 8 months old

Guess Capital one will just sit in my safe and get no love I was useing it to pay all my Bill's then pay it off but WF and Discover have way better rewards anyway

MAJOR BANK CARDS Amex BC 15k, Amex CM 1500, Amex Delta 1k, BB&T Travel 4500, BBVA 6900, CAP1QS 2600, Discover 3300, Marvel MC 6000, Wells Fargo CR 4500, Blispay 2k
CREDIT UNION CARDS DCU 2k , Robbins 10k, United1st 5k
STORE CARDS Amazon 10k, Home Depot 5k, PayPal 4k, Walmart 6k, Lowes 12k
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit line increases

What was your starting limit and current limit? What is the reason for denial?

Your account may be "bucketed" if it was opened as a low limit or secured rebuilder.
Message 2 of 8
howellco2
Frequent Contributor

I started with 1800 and also had a platinum card with 800 I merged them a year ago so its 2600 now ..
Last denial was too many recent credit inquiries but last ones were 8 months ago when I did a app spree
Ended up with 6 cards and 30k in limits thou

MAJOR BANK CARDS Amex BC 15k, Amex CM 1500, Amex Delta 1k, BB&T Travel 4500, BBVA 6900, CAP1QS 2600, Discover 3300, Marvel MC 6000, Wells Fargo CR 4500, Blispay 2k
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Guess yours wasn't a bucket account then.. who knows then..?

I've got a similar situation, QS1 & Platinum opened at same time and each grew to $1550 CL. Rolled QS1 into Platinum and PC'd it to QS. And it's in my sock drawer for now. I've got other cards that offer more cash back.
Message 4 of 8
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

Does upgrading your card from Capital One Platinum to Quicksilver restart the clock on asking for a CLI? I was in the step program and only got one CLI whereas my bf got 2. He's up to $3,200 and I'm only up to $500. They've already denied me twice stating that my account isn't eligible at this time. Although, I think I tried too early. I barely got my $200 increase back in July.

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Officially collection free as of 3/19/19!!
STARTING SCORES: 377 (11/2013) & 580 (3/2018)
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not certain if PC'ing resets the CLI clock. But I intend to find out at the end of this month!

I did also combine two accounts, which may be a reason for denial as well.

Someone in another post said the account would now be ineligible for 6 months for any CLI. Not sure if because PC or combination.

I'll remember to post the outcome and if denied, their reason.
Message 6 of 8
howellco2
Frequent Contributor

Cole yea when you roll them together it will auto deny you for 6 months saying please wait this account has already received a increase or something like that

Message 7 of 8
Kree
Established Contributor

I think Cap1 likes to see a lot of spend for CLIs.  The only time they've given me one is after I pushed more than the limit through two months in a row.   But I have no proof, just my anecdotal evidence.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.