Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit monitoring services

tag
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Re: Credit monitoring services

I've never used their site, I've always gotten my score & report through their app. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 11 of 14
MrTom
Frequent Contributor

Honestly I'm a person that likes and wants to understand the whys and how things work.  During my credit rebuild process I did pay a monthly subscription for a credit monitoring service.  I was able to do daily pulls with all 3 buruels with no additional charge.  I used the one at the EX website (4.99 for the first month, 24.99 after). I then used CK to see how the FICO and Vantage reacts with each other when it comes to changes.

My personal option is, you need daily updates when your cleaning up and fixing your credit.  This will help show you your progress in my option, and also understand how easy a credit score can change.  It will also teach you first hand that the fundamental of a good credit score is not just talk or hard to do- its actually very very easy once you accomplish that hurtle.

Starting Score: May 23, 2016 EQ 537 TU 518 EX 548
Recent Scores: EQ 839 TU 824 EX 821
Goal Score: 840
Current Vantage 3.0: 808
Mortgage Scores August 18 2017: EQ5 684 TU4 692 EX2 690
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

^^^+1 I totally agree with you

Although maybe I'm just saying that to justify the fact that I check my CRs and scores a borderline obsessive amount of times and from a million different places lol when I could easily get by just checking once or twice a month when I know something actually might've changed haha

Thank you for enabling me mr tom ☺
Message 13 of 14
LindysMom
Regular Contributor

I agree with Mr Tom as well.  I use credit karma for just a general overview between when my monthly report from MyFICO updates.  MyFICO costs $40/month, however, I am in the midst of an uphill battle with Navient so I find being able to monitor any changes with them is very, very helpful.  I recently had a utility collection pop-up from when I moved a year and a half ago.  I was able to be notified and pay it before it really did much damage to my score (they did PFD ... it never hit EQ & EX ... still waiting on TU dispute though, which is fine).

However, I agree with the one poster that said those funds could be better off assigned elsewhere.  This is not something I would be subscribing to if I wasn't in an active rebuild.  I would likely pull quarterly from a credit check total type site.  I am a big believer in using extra funds in a budget to pay down debt--especially with large student loans, car payments, mortgage, etc. Or shelling away into savings.  But I suppose I am lucky now that I am in a financial position that I can use these funds for the rebuilding months knowing that I am disciplined enough to re-allocate them in the future.

My FICO Scores:
9/17: EQ - 542 / TU - 535 / EX - 506 // Mortgage: 553, 545, 486
10/ 17: EQ - 558 / TU - 563 / EX - 586 // Mortgage: 554, 568, 536
11/17: EQ - 630 / TU - 589 / EX - 614 // Mortgage: 606, 606, 572
12/17: EQ - 630 / TU - 624 / EX - 619 // Mortgage: 584, 612, 671

9/18: EQ - 676 / TU - 676 / EX - 643 // Mortgage: 652, 628, 606

Journey Milestones: Completed Federal Student Loan Rehab in Sept 2017. Settled First Premier Bank CC in August 2017. Constant uphill battle with Navient incorrect reporting on seven (7!) private student loans. No TLs listed in delinquency. Obsessively keeping 2 CC UTI @ 7-9% monthly.

End Goal: Pre-Approval for FHA Spring/Summer 2018 (COMPLETED)
New End Goal: 700+ Spring 2019
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.