Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit one charge off

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit one charge off

I had a credit one cc that I ran into trouble with a couple of years ago and was charged off and sold to midland funding. I'm currently working on paying off my derogatory accounts and was wondering if anyone has any idea if they would be willing to pull the account back from the collection agency so that I could pay them directly? I hate paying collection agencies!
The credit limit was 400 but it was charged off for around 750
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit one charge off

I requested this exact thing a few weeks ago.  I emailed the EO and received a call within a few hours telling me that I will receive their response in writing within 7-10 days.  They remeoved the CO from my report but the collection is still on there.  Mine is with LVNV which is known for not palying ball with PFDs.  I think Midland might be better about it. I did get about a 20 pt jump though for the CO being removed.  PM me if you want the email address.

Message 2 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If it has been at least two years since the account became delinquent with the creditor, then I highly advise paying the debt collector.

Midland has a stated policy of deleting their reported collections is paid and it has been at least 2 years since DOFD.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks very much for that info RobertEG!
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

It worked! I paid off the balance to the collection agency this past Friday the 18th and sent the receipt to the email address I got for credit one and the collection was just removed from my TU report this morning! My score shot up 18 points! Woohoo! Cant wait to see how much more it increases once Midland removes their collection! Thanks to everyone that has helped so far! Thank goodness for these forums!
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you pay the full amount of the charge off or did you settle? I have a 700 charge off but can settle with Midland for 450. I’m just worried it won’t come off my report completely since I don’t have anything in writing from them. It’s over 2 years old tho.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I settled for 40% off the original debt. Good luck!
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.