Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit one goodwill

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit one goodwill

Hi there, I’ve seen a few forums where individuals had luck getting a Credit One bank CO removed from their reports and I’m wondering about getting some advice on that. My CO happened in 2016, they sold the account to Midland Credit Management and I have been paying this off ever since. I have about $180 left to pay which I plan to do in the next few weeks. Midland never reported as I called them immediately when the account was sold and set up a payment plan. Given that the account was sold and I’ve been religiously making payments and can prove that, do you think Credit One will consider deleting the account from my report? I’m trying to get my scores up to get approved for a USDA loan within the next year or so. I have a long way to go but I figured I would start here. I “hired” SkyBlue to help me with my disputes but truthfully I’ve seen no positive changes thus far.
Any advice is appreciated more than you know!
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit one goodwill

Welcome to the board Smiley Happy

Only way is going to be by getting a goodwill deletion and you wont know until your try.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Sto...

Message 2 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

PM me.  I have an email for their ceo and have had good luck getting my CO removed and my wife's late pmts.

Message 3 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you share that letter with me?

Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sent a goodwill letter by email on 07/10/2018 and just received reponse today 07/18/2018 that they will be removing the one late payment reported on my sister's account. I've been helping her tackle her credit repair and it finally has paid off. The first letter I sent in March and they didn't grant her request. Sent it the second time and now it's going to be deleted. Don't give up!

Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

No giving up here!  I've got to do it.  I e-mailed and received a reply that my request will be reviewed and I will hear something within 3-5 days.  Will post an update!

Message 6 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

That was the same response I received on monday 07/16/2018. Then just a few minutes ago I received the email with the attached letter that they will delete the late payment.

Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, I just checked CreditKarma (I tend to obsess and check it multiple times a week) and there is ALREADY a remark added to my CreditOne account stating “Paid charge off” for both TransUnion and Equifax. I really wanted it removed completely. Wondering if I should try again???
Message 8 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you saying that midland wasn’t reporting your payments? Or are you saying that they never reported your account with them because you started to handle it early enough?
Message 9 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm saying that they did not report the account because I handled it early enough

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.