cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit pulled without authorization, how can this be undone?

tag
frebay333

Credit pulled without authorization, how can this be undone?

I was shopping around for a refi. Talked to a mortgage broker, sent him my tax returns and a copy of myfico 3 company credit report. Next thing I know I get a hard pull notification. I email the broker telling him I never authorized it and it needs to be removed. He said it can't.  What else can I do?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Re: Credit pulled without authorization, how can this be undone?

I don't think there is much you CAN do.  You sent him your information and this may 'constitute' a PP.  How is he supposed to be able to give you advice without seeing your credit report? 

I hope someone can give you some concrete information.  I wish there was a form or some sort of 'approval' you would have to give before PP's......it's just such a gray area.

I just asked for a cli on CareCredit automated.....it said NOTHING about a hard pull, yet they did a hard pull.  Oh well, I needed it!

Good Luck OP!  Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 6
frebay333

He was able to give me advice bc I ordered the credit report myself and emailed it to him which doesn't result in a hard pull. Regardless he still did it.

Message 3 of 6
qd
Regular Contributor

I read on here somewhere people had some success with disputing an inquiry.  I tried it on an inquiry I had no knowledge of.  It was from a mortgage lender from another state that I had never done business with.  They had no knowledge of it but said they could not delete ( I sent them a letter before I disputed online).  After the online dispute, the inquiry fell off my report.

Message 4 of 6
HopeThruFaith
New Contributor

I had a lender lie to me once and said she could provide me with a free credit analysis that wouldn't be a pull it would be as if I was pulling the report myself. Sure enough I got dinged on all three reports. I contacted her boss to fill a complaint and the inquires were removed.
Message 5 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@frebay333 wrote:

I was shopping around for a refi. Talked to a mortgage broker, sent him my tax returns and a copy of myfico 3 company credit report. Next thing I know I get a hard pull notification. I email the broker telling him I never authorized it and it needs to be removed. He said it can't.  What else can I do?

He can definitely have them recoded as SP.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.