cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit rebuild, early stages, am I on the right track?

tag
KJinNC
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit rebuild, early stages, am I on the right track?

My Self Lender loan finally hit Equifax, according to Credit Karma. Along with the hard pull for Discover (sigh), my Equifax fell 20 points, to 647. As usual, this is a VantageScore number, since I can't get FICO yet.

The main reason is probably average age of accounts, since this is the oddball bureau that shows several accounts from 2012. Credit age fell from green to yellow on the CK dashboard.

No big deal, just a growing pain! More annoyed about the *11th* hard pull on Equifax than about the account age, since the account age was artificially high to begin with ... still is.

FICO Resilience Index: 64. Cards: 5/24, 2/12, 2/6. Accounts including loans: 8/24, 4/12, 3/6. Card CLs total $213,900, or $240,400 including the AU card. Cards (oldest to newest)

Authorized user / Corporate / Auto loans / Personal loan
Message 11 of 14
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@KJinNC wrote:

My Self Lender loan finally hit Equifax, according to Credit Karma. Along with the hard pull for Discover (sigh), my Equifax fell 20 points, to 647. As usual, this is a VantageScore number, since I can't get FICO yet.

The main reason is probably average age of accounts, since this is the oddball bureau that shows several accounts from 2012. Credit age fell from green to yellow on the CK dashboard.

No big deal, just a growing pain! More annoyed about the *11th* hard pull on Equifax than about the account age, since the account age was artificially high to begin with ... still is.

You cannot give any credence at all to Vantage Scores, you can have a low 600 with them while having a Fico in excess of 700 they cannot be corrolated to each other as each looks at different metrics. Few use the VS opposed to Fico. One big difference is VS doesnt take into account any closed accounts for AAoA while Fico does.

Message 12 of 14
KJinNC
Valued Contributor

Yeah ... but, what can I do. I've tried four or five times to sign up for the packages here, and every time, it says something like "we cannot calculate a FICO score for TransUnion. Your payment has been refunded." Per research, the issue is that I have no accounts on TU or EX that are 6 months old. In fact, none that are two months old. I am being added as an AU on a card that is several years old, though, so I'm hoping once that shows on the reports, I can sign up. Meantime, VantageScore is the best I can see to track progress.

FICO Resilience Index: 64. Cards: 5/24, 2/12, 2/6. Accounts including loans: 8/24, 4/12, 3/6. Card CLs total $213,900, or $240,400 including the AU card. Cards (oldest to newest)

Authorized user / Corporate / Auto loans / Personal loan
Message 13 of 14
simplegirl
Valued Contributor

@KJinNC wrote:

Yeah ... but, what can I do. I've tried four or five times to sign up for the packages here, and every time, it says something like "we cannot calculate a FICO score for TransUnion. Your payment has been refunded." Per research, the issue is that I have no accounts on TU or EX that are 6 months old. In fact, none that are two months old. I am being added as an AU on a card that is several years old, though, so I'm hoping once that shows on the reports, I can sign up. Meantime, VantageScore is the best I can see to track progress.

You can sign up for Experian creditworks for a $1 7 day trail just cancel before the 7 days or if you keep it after the 7 days it turns into about 29.99$ a month.

Starting Score: 494 503 521
Current Score: 503 507 507 2/19
Goal Score: 680

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Goals:

Get First Home in Summer 2025
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.