cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit rebuilding journey ... success and paying it forward.

tag
gagirl82
Regular Contributor

Credit rebuilding journey ... success and paying it forward.

Hi everyone,

I wont go deep into detail with a story or anything just know that I have credit issues that I am working to get resolved.  I have decided to document each success so that I can keep a record of my journey and as a way to pay it forward.  I have learned alot by reading the posts here on the board and would like to help anyone that I can.  If anyone has any questions about how I got something deleted off my credit feel free to PM me and I will send you any info that I have. For the sake of easy reading I will label everything ACTION and RESULT.

I started working on getting my credit back on track in Sept of 2013. 

Sept. 2013

ACTION

In Sept I sent out three PFD letters via certified snail mail. I sent one to a credit union that I had an over drafted account reporting on my credit for, one was sent to Georgia Power company for an old bill from a previous apartment, and one was sent to IC Systems for an old AT&T bill.

RESULT

The credit union agreed to the PFD. I paid the amount and they promptly deleted the reporting.

GA Power did not respond

IC Systems sent a letter saying they would delete.  A few days later the account was deleted off my reports.

** I probably should also mention that in early Aug I contacted my old apartment complex about a final bill they never adjusted for me.  Upon reviewing my reports I discovered the account had been turned over to Hunter Warfield so I was going back and forth with them until they finally adjusted the bill.  The manager at the apartment complex did make sure the complex was not reporting negatively on my credit however I still owed Hunter Warfield for the adjusted balance... and they apartment complex was of no help in securing a PFD from Hunter.  So I had been emailing the higher ups to find out if someone would assist me with getting a PFD from Hunter.**

Oct. 2013

ACTION

I sent another certified PFD letter to GA Power.

RESULT

No response.

**Continued contacting the apartment complex trying to get them to ask Hunter for a PFD for me or for the complex to pull the debt back and allow me to pay them directly.**

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
gagirl82
Regular Contributor

Re: Credit rebuilding journey ... success and paying it forward.

Nov. 2013

ACTION

Sent another PFD to GA Power.  This time to a different address.

**Continued trying to work with apartment complex to get them to pull the account back from Hunter Warfield or assist with a PFD...esp since the bill being adjusted so late was their fault.**

RESULT

No response.

Dec. 2013

ACTION

Began researching alternative methods and addresses for GA Power.

**Searched for a corporate contact for the apartment complex as well.**

RESULT

While reading another credit board I ran across a post were someone said they filed a BBB complaint against GA Power and got the account deleted that way.

I also found a corporate contact for the apartment complex and sent an email asking for assistance with the past due account.

January 2014

ACTION

Filed a complaint with the BBB about GA Power.  I explicitly put in the resolution box that I would like to have the account deleted within 30 days of them receiving payment.

**Emailed another contact for the apartment complex explaining my situation and asking for help with resolving the account with Hunter.**

RESULT

Initially GA Power responded back saying that they would update the account to paid after receiving the payment in full.  I emailed the contact person at GA Power and basically told her that I know they can delete the account if they want to and that I have moved from GA and no longer need the services so not paying them would not hurt me as the account would eventually fall off my report.  The contact emailed me back saying she would speak with the collections manager and get back to me.  The next day I received an email stating they would delete the account once it had been paid in full.  I paid the money and the account was immediately deleted.

**The apartment complex emailed me back pretty much stating that I should just pay Hunter and ask them to delete the account after it has been paid.**

Message 2 of 22
sdwalt
Regular Contributor

Wow nice job, seems like you are kicking butt..lol

Message 3 of 22
gagirl82
Regular Contributor

Hi!

Thanks!... It seems to be a super slow process to me but im determined!

Message 4 of 22
notfancy
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your success! Don't take No for an answer!

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 5 of 22
Infiniti515
Regular Contributor

Wow! Great work and persistence! I very happy for you!

Message 6 of 22
down_n_out
Contributor

I wouldn't pay Hunter till they agreed to delete in writing. Congrats on your hard work.

Message 7 of 22
gagirl82
Regular Contributor

Thank you notfancy!

Message 8 of 22
gagirl82
Regular Contributor

Thanks Infiniti515

Message 9 of 22
gagirl82
Regular Contributor

Thanks down_n_out.  I have been speaking with some people here on the board.  Most of them have stated that Hunter deleted the accounts after they had paid and sent goodwill letters. I think I am going to try that.

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.