cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit rebuilding journey ... success and paying it forward.

tag
gagirl82
Regular Contributor

Re: Credit rebuilding journey ... success and paying it forward.

So I logged in and checked all three scores and all have increased significantly! My scores are now 576 Equifax 581 Experian and 585 TransUnion.  My Equifax is up 115pts from the 461 I started with when I began my credit repair journey in September! Im looking forward to joining the 600 club soon!

Message 11 of 22
chrisre
Valued Member

Nice progress! I wish my accounts were that easy to get rid of Smiley Sad

Starting Score: 565
Current Score: EQ: 660 TU: 659 EX: 683
Goal Score: 680

NFCU CashRewards $8,500 NFCU NavCheck: $3,000 CFECU: $2,000 Chase UNITED: $1,500 Chase Freedom: $1,000 Chase Amazon: $500 AMEX Delta: $2,000 (AU) Navy
Message 12 of 22
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@gagirl82 wrote:

Hi everyone,

I wont go deep into detail with a story or anything just know that I have credit issues that I am working to get resolved.  I have decided to document each success so that I can keep a record of my journey and as a way to pay it forward.  I have learned alot by reading the posts here on the board and would like to help anyone that I can.  If anyone has any questions about how I got something deleted off my credit feel free to PM me and I will send you any info that I have. For the sake of easy reading I will label everything ACTION and RESULT.

I started working on getting my credit back on track in Sept of 2013. 

Sept. 2013

ACTION

In Sept I sent out three PFD letters via certified snail mail. I sent one to a credit union that I had an over drafted account reporting on my credit for, one was sent to Georgia Power company for an old bill from a previous apartment, and one was sent to IC Systems for an old AT&T bill.

RESULT

The credit union agreed to the PFD. I paid the amount and they promptly deleted the reporting.

GA Power did not respond

IC Systems sent a letter saying they would delete.  A few days later the account was deleted off my reports.

** I probably should also mention that in early Aug I contacted my old apartment complex about a final bill they never adjusted for me.  Upon reviewing my reports I discovered the account had been turned over to Hunter Warfield so I was going back and forth with them until they finally adjusted the bill.  The manager at the apartment complex did make sure the complex was not reporting negatively on my credit however I still owed Hunter Warfield for the adjusted balance... and they apartment complex was of no help in securing a PFD from Hunter.  So I had been emailing the higher ups to find out if someone would assist me with getting a PFD from Hunter.**

Oct. 2013

ACTION

I sent another certified PFD letter to GA Power.

RESULT

No response.

**Continued contacting the apartment complex trying to get them to ask Hunter for a PFD for me or for the complex to pull the debt back and allow me to pay them directly.**

Congrats on your success Smiley Happy

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 13 of 22
Aallmo
Valued Member

CongratulationsThats very refreshing to hear. I'm just beginning my journey to repair and hoping for similar success

Starting Score: 535
Current Score: 667
Goal Score: 680

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 22
gagirl82
Regular Contributor

Feb. 2014

ACTION

A while ago I got IC Systems which was an old AT&T account deleted.  A few months later the AT&T bill reappeared...this time as Enhanced Recovery.  I disputed them online on my equifax report.  I also disputed several credit inquires I received while shopping for a new car.  I did not authorize the dealerships to send my credit report to a million places looking for financing, so I was pretty annoyed when I got an alert that 8 new credit inquiries had been added to my reports.

**Sent out emails to four different people at Hunter Warfield about the old apartment debt.

RESULT

The Enhanced Recovery tl was deleted from my equifax report.  The inquiries were not. I think I am going to go ahead and dispute the Enhanced Recovery reporting on my other reports as well.  I am also going to give the creditors who have inquiries on my reports a call or perhaps write a them a letter.  Letters seem to work best for me.

**I never received an email back from any of the people I sent the email to at Hunter Warfield but oddly enough I did receive a settlement letter in the mail from them after sending the emails.  Before sending the emails I had never received anything from them.

Smiley Happy Alsooooo after getting the Enhanced Recovery tl deleted my score went up to over 600!!! <-- Awesome!

Message 15 of 22
mebell
Regular Contributor

Great work! It's nice that you are sharing all of this. Everyone just needs a little motivation and I think you are giving a lot

Starting Score: TU 629 6/2013
Current Score: TU 697 (March'14) EQ 688 (April'14) EX 693 (March '14)
Goal Score: 700

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 16 of 22
Season79
Contributor

I agree!! thanks for sharing your journey with us all!! And dont give up!!! Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 22
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Keep after it!  Definitely moving on a good path.

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 18 of 22
gagirl82
Regular Contributor

Thank you! Yes, reading other people stories definately motivated me... it feels good knowing my little progress is motivating others! Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 22
Jerzee123
Established Member

im also in the process of pfd's & gw , it's alot of work...great job!

http://www.capitalone.com/media/graphic-logo/credit-cards/card-art/price-mc-90-angle.jpg
https://ne.edgecastcdn.net/80033E/www.creditkarma.com/res/content/creditcards/creditoneb/cccreditonebank01_big.png
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.