Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit repair help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit repair help

Received what amounted to a denial/rejection from Navient's customer advocate today, and on top of that, they are now going to report that the account in question is in dispute.

They said I could have the dispute comment removed by calling them, so should I do this?

Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thought I'd help the process along and applied for the Discover It Secured card today.  Got approved and am just going with a $200 deposit/CL for now.  Will use it monthly and zero out the balance every week, this is my first "new" card on my own in a long time, so I am going to handle it like a newborn baby and wrap it in bubble wrap.

Message 12 of 21
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Received what amounted to a denial/rejection from Navient's customer advocate today, and on top of that, they are now going to report that the account in question is in dispute.

They said I could have the dispute comment removed by calling them, so should I do this?

If they actually do report it as disputed you call the CRAs and tell them you are not disputing anything and want the comments removed after trying to get them to remove it.

Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

App'd for the CapOne Platinum in my name (I'm currently an AU on wife's C1 plat) and got the dreaded "7-10 days" for the decision.  I know this was probably a hasty app, not even thinking that they'd prob look at the high util on my wife's card and deny me.

Will stick w/ my Discover it secured and garden/pay down current cards and wait until I start getting some prequal's before I go hunting again

Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Received a call from CapOne regarding the GWL I sent via e-mail, said they would investigate the case.  I made it known that we were NOT disputing the late payments, just that life happened and the lates were not how we normally operate.  CSR was extremely nice and understanding, so hopefully we see some sort of goodwill adjustment out of the phone call!

Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm pretty sure I was approved for the BofA Cash Rewards 123 card, so if that's the case....YES!!!  First unsecured approval on my own since college (10yrs ago) and will go right next to my Discover It Secured that I was just approved for Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATES

- Officially approved for the Bank of America Cash Rewards card - SL of $1000

- EQ has removed (for the time being) a disputed paid Discover charge off on which I was the AU

and today:

I e-mailed a GWL to Synchrony about 4 late payments on my Rooms To Go account last week.  Never heard anything back from them, but received a CK credit alert today and found out that not only did they remove ALL of the lates, they also retroactively removed all of the late fees that were applied to the account due to those late payments.

So 4 lates were dropped, and they took our balance from $549 to $298 overnight!  Wow, I don't even know what to say!

synchrony.PNG

Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE

Cap1 application fraud department called to confirm that it was me applying for the cap1 platinum, so I guess that's good

Also:

AMEX paid off - now at 0% util

Comenity/West Elm paid off - now at 0% util

Synchony/Rooms to Go - now at 19% util

So we now have 10 cards, 6 of which are now at 0% util, 1 at 19% util, and tackling the high util Chase Amazon (daily use), Cap1, and Synchrony/Care Credit (hoping they extend the same goodwill to this account that they did to the Rooms to Go)

Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE

Navient Success!  Originally tried the GWL route and contacted a few different people, got the cold shoulder/denial.

Disputed via TU due to various issues regarding why the payments were marked as late when I should have been in retroactive forbearance at the time.  Today I received a CK notification that the TU dispute was completed and they not only removed my lates, but I had over $8k knocked off other student loans?!

Submitted a new dispute with TU regarding an old Discover charge off where I was listed as the AU, and also an old paid collection that should have been removed via PFD.  That's 10 lates knocked off this week alone, along with thousands in student loan debt and late fees from Synchrony

Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Applied for the CapOne Platinum 2 weeks ago, got the 7-10 day message. Fraud department called me last week to confirm I was the one applying, and then today I received an email saying my card was on the way Smiley Happy

Thought for sure I was going to be denied after the 7-10 msg and all of the experiences I have read on myfico. That's three new cards this month (Discover It Secured/BofA cash rewards/CapOne Plat) and now I am in the garden while I continue my rebuild!
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.