cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit repair steps I have gone through, what next? HELP please?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit repair steps I have gone through, what next? HELP please?

I am trying to get my scores up to 640 so I can refinance my car from a 26% interest rate and get a home for my two children and I. I am the victim of severe credit fraud.

-I have filed an ID Theft report, and police report (November 2011 and mailed this to the 3 Credit Bureaus with a request for removal of the fraudulent items). Experian and Equifax deleted the accounts that were fraudulent. Transunion refused to IDT Block the accounts or remove them. How do I get Transunion to cooperate?

- I have sent letters to the individual companies to remove a total of 31 inquiries in the past 12 months from my report. None of these were PP on my behalf but were used as a tool to fish for credit for fraudulent purpose. I get mainly automated letters in return from these companies who are not working with me to remove the inquiries even though I am a victim of fraud.

- I have wrote to the credit bureaus about the inquiries with the ID Theft Report + Police report letter and they told me to contact the creditors. The creditors tell me to contact the credit bureaus.

I need to get Transunion to cooperate with removing the fraudulent accounts like Experian and Equifax did. I need to get the 31 inquiries removed. I am very close to obtaining a higher score if, and only if, I can get these two things to happen. I have also paid down most of my credit cards and will continue to do this for the next 3-6 months until the balances are between 0-10% of the credit limit.

Can someone advise me on the next steps on dealing with Transunion and then the inquiries? Thank you.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit repair steps I have gone through, what next? HELP please?

Usually TU is the easiest to work with. I'd redispute with a copy of the police report, a copy of the CR, and I'd spell out every single item on your cover page and give that a shot one last time before a MOV.

Message 2 of 3
PapasWifey
Regular Contributor

Re: Credit repair steps I have gone through, what next? HELP please?

I don't have any experience with this level of dispute, but as a former victim of ID Theft I just wanted to send my best to you!

Good luck with the advice llecs and others may be able to provide.

Starting Score: 576 EQ 1-12-13
Current Score: 588 EQ 2-3-13
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.