Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit report a real mess!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit report a real mess!!!

My credit report is such a mess.  Did you know you could have a date of first delinquency before the account was open and  the account closed on the month that it was opened.  Also on one account on EX that shows 5 charge offs, payment was before first charge off, Then they reported charge off the next month, then 16 month later there are four more charge offs which ends up covering three years. Can they Do this?

A different account shows that it has the first delinquency was 9/03 on a old credit report and sold 12/03.  I just found from 2005. Now as of the 2010 report shows was sold in 2004 and that there is no delinquency reported and the start date to be removed would be July of 2012? Almost over two year past the 7 years mark.

I was going through a divorce at the time, and don't even remember if these accounts as mine or did the EX get open them, I had handed over checkbook to my mother  and she helped me out with paying all of them which I did pay her back.  So all account even if they were not mine were paid. I do have a dispute out to see if they can verified these accounts. If you knew my ex, you would understand.  Just wonder if any one has see this problems before?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit report a real mess!!!

Your first example sounds like misreporting. You can't have a DOFD before the TL was opened....if it was an OC reporting. Now a CA can report a DOFD prior to the date opened. Their date opened refers to the date they acquired the account and means absolutely nothing to FICO scoring. That's how CAs report, BTW.

Your second example is the norm. When a TL gets CO'd, you go from 30 days to 60 to 90 sometimes to 120 and beyond. After that it'll get CO'd. That CO remark should appear monthly from the point it was CO'd up through the point it gets sold or paid off. So, a date of last payment can easily be sandwiched between the CO's. After it gets CO'd, you can make a partial payment and still have the COs appearing monthly after that. Or in another example, the OC adjusted the balance owed and that can sometimes appear as a payment.

On your last example, do you have an old report showing a 2003 DOFD? If so, dispute that CRA with a copy of that old report and they'll update or delete (if beyond CRTP).

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Credit report a real mess!!!

My credit report is such a mess.  Did you know you could have a date of first delinquency before the account was open and  the account closed on the month that it was opened.  Also on one account on EX that shows 5 charge offs, payment was before first charge off, Then they reported charge off the next month, then 16 month later there are four more charge offs which ends up covering three years. Can they Do this?

A different account shows that it has the first delinquency was 9/03 on a old credit report and sold 12/03.  I just found from 2005. Now as of the 2010 report shows was sold in 2004 and that there is no delinquency reported and the start date to be removed would be July of 2012? Almost over two year past the 7 years mark.

____________________________________________________________________--

DOFD has, as its primary source of proof, your billing statements from the OC.  Do you have them?

Of course, you cannot have a date of any delinquency on an acount before the account was opened!

You also cannot have a date of first delinquency until at least one month of billing cycle after the account opening date.

An OC can continue to report a prior charge-off forever, as a status update.  Its credit reporting has no bearing on the dates of any intial or updated status of the CO.  Only the DOFD matters.

An account with a DOFD of 9/03 does not tell the whole story.  The first delinquency in 9/03 would drop after 9/2010, but any later delinquencies, or any CO, later reported, may have later drop dates.  Drop off date for an a CO or CA would be 7 1/2 years from 9/03, or 3/2011.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.