Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit report shows delinquency student loan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit report shows delinquency student loan

How do I get this removed?

I had late payments and defaulted multiple times but the account is paid off in full.

Is there anyway to have the delinquency history removed?

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I get a courtesy retraction of delinquency from Salliemae?

I am a recovering bad-credit-holic.

I used to be about $15K in debt when I came out of college but 4 years later I am debt free!

The problem now is that I have 5 negative items on my credit report. I defaulted on a bunch of accounts and they occurred here and there starting in 2005 and ended in 2007. Creditors like Discover and Department of Education have completely wiped out all delinquency history from my credit report once I paid them off in full. The only major creditor that is not willing to do this is Salliemae. I have called them and asked for a courtesy retraction on the basis that I thought my student loan with DoE and Salliemae were the same. I was not aware of the fact that I had 2 separate accounts. I was making payments to DoE thinking part of it will go to Salliemae. How stupid of me. Anyways, Salliemae said that they can do the retraction ONLY if I can show that I was in school and I was not in school. Does anyone have any advice or experience with something like this?

Thank you~

Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How do I get a courtesy retraction of delinquency from Salliemae?

I have merged your two threads together as they appear to be the same situation.

All you can do is send GW letters. If they refuse and they are accurately reporting, there is nothing more you can do.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.