cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit ruined after medical disaster --what now?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit ruined after medical disaster --what now?

I think this is a great idea.  I'm not sure even I even have a score anymore because I was self-employed after I finished College, became ill. unable to work, no income for over 6 months, lost my home and was unable to pay my creditors for my business.  A few worked with me but everybody else has threatened and still threatens to sue me.  If they do they won't get anything because I've lost everything including 1/2 my body use after my stroke.  I would love to see where I'm at now and try to do something to bring my score up.  I'm wondering if Bankruptcy would be the best way out for me.  I don't want to do anything to make things worse.  Should I just hang in there and let everything fall off in 5 more years or file Bankruptcy and be stuck in the system for 7 to 10 years?  I'm open for Advice?  Anybody???

I bank with Wells Fargo, I wonder if they'll offer something like Scores On Statements.  If so, I hope it doesn't affect our relationship with them.

edit: this post was originally on the "Free FICO scores for online banking customers" thread on the Welcome forums. I moved it here because it veered into credit rebuilding questions.
Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 04-24-2009 05:27 AM
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit ruined after medical disaster --what now?

If you could list some more information about the accounts you are dealing with, you'd get some more accurate advice. As far as whether you should file for BK or not, that is a personal decision and not one anyone here can make. You might consider talking with a BK attorney.

My first advice is to pull your free annual reports -- see link below.

Then read the various links in my signature and the links contained within those links.

On your accounts that are delinquent, provide the following for each account.....

Who is reporting, OC, CA, or both?  

What is the DOFD?

Last payment date?

Your state's SOL?

Is the account PIF or do you have a payment agreement you are paying on?

Can you PIF?

List only the non-medical related accounts. Any that are medical debt, you'd want to visit the "Recovering from Medical Debt" board.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.