Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit score and dispute status

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit score and dispute status

All of the accounts on my reports have the "consumer disputes" notation. Capital One gives me a free TU score every month and the most recent is 620. Im assuming this is not an accurate score. What I'm curious about is when the dispute status is gone, will that number go up or down, or does it just depend on what's still reporting?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit score and dispute status

@Anonymous wrote:
All of the accounts on my reports have the "consumer disputes" notation. Capital One gives me a free TU score every month and the most recent is 620. Im assuming this is not an accurate score. What I'm curious about is when the dispute status is gone, will that number go up or down, or does it just depend on what's still reporting?

That Cap-1 score is a FAKO not a Fico. With notations of in dispute certain aspects of the TL are removed from Fico scoring, whether or not you Fico rises or drops is dependent on what the account is (positive or derog).

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Credit score and dispute status

The mere presence of the reference to a dispute does not remove anything from scoring.

It is only if the dispute status has not been updated to show it was concluded that FICO ignores any OC account info.

Record of a prior dispute remains in the consumer's file after its conclusion.

However, upon mailing of the Notice of Results of Reinvestigation, the CRA should update the status to show it is concluded.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.