Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit score hasn't changed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit score hasn't changed

Hello. Ive been waiting anxiously for my credit score to change since i just paid my credit card down to $10 like i was told to do. Im trying to get a home loan once i can get my scores up. I purchased MyFico a few days ago to keep track of my score. I got an email that my credit card balance decreased but my score did not change at all. Im now waiting to see my "score change" on Transunion and Experian. Does anyone know why my credit score may not have changed? Thank you!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Credit score hasn't changed

Not knowing your exact details, below are benchmarks for FICO 8. Scores lenders use for mortgage are EX2, TU4, EQ5; should react similarly.

Remember these aggregate utilization thresholds: 8.9%, 28.9%, 48.9%, 68.9%, 88.9%
If you're not crossing a threshold, you won't be getting points.

Aggregate: 10-15 points for aggregate crossing a threshold.

Individual: ~5 points points for individual crossing a threshold.

Look into AZEO Technique. All Zero Except One card reporting a small balance e.g. $5-$10. Use a bank card. Do not use a store card.

Get your CC aggregate utility at or below 8.9% for full FICO points optimization.

Scores will react positively with one revolving credit card reporting a balance.

You might want to address any derogatory you have; delinquency, charge off, collection, etc. If they are updating monthly, it'll keep your scores suppressed.

Message 2 of 6
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Free mortgage scores

EX2 + 3 Bureau report for $1 at Experian or CreditCheckTotal (part of Experian). Cancel in 7 days or less to avoid the reoccurring charge.
TU4 WyHy quarterly score. Not sure on membership requirement. Maybe hard pull TU?
EQ5 Get a savings account with DCU. Soft pull EQ to be a member. Free monthly score.

Message 3 of 6
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Message 4 of 6
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Welcome @Anonymous 

Need more stats. How many cards do you have. Creditor/Credit Line/ Balance

Any installment loans?

Baddies most important.

MyFICO doesnt update same day. Sometimes it takes a week.It may update the balance but not the score. That shows on your next pull.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah agreed with FireMedic 1. Need more information. Simply saying you have a credit card you paid down to $10 isn't enough information. List all of your revolving accounts, the balances for them, and the CL for each.

List all of your installment loans. Any lates? If yes, how recent? If not, good.

I have 3 revolving accounts, two of which are new and MyFico alerted me that EQ, TU see the two new accounts but no score change. I figure that on the next 3B pull on the 5th of April, the scores will change, hopefully in an upwards direction.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.