cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit union reporting late for december incorrectly?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit union reporting late for december incorrectly?

Hi everyone,

Once again I'm in need of your help. So I have a late payment for december of 2006 and I was checking our account records and we were never late on december. We were late on october but they didn't report it. We went to our Credit Union yesterday and explained to the branch manager that we were not late and that they were reporting december late. Well after a little bit of research he came back and told me that we were late on october. That the payment was due on October the 20th and since we didn't make the payment until the end of november they couldn't report it late on october or november and did it instead on december?

Is this ok for them to do? I mean... aren't they suppose to report for the month you are actually late? Can I still dispute it or should I not even touch it? I mean tecnically we were not late for the month of december.

I would appreciate your input.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit union reporting late for december incorrectly?

Keithsclaudie1234 wrote:
Hi everyone,

Once again I'm in need of your help. So I have a late payment for december of 2006 and I was checking our account records and we were never late on december. We were late on october but they didn't report it. We went to our Credit Union yesterday and explained to the branch manager that we were not late and that they were reporting december late. Well after a little bit of research he came back and told me that we were late on october. That the payment was due on October the 20th and since we didn't make the payment until the end of november they couldn't report it late on october or november and did it instead on december?

Is this ok for them to do? I mean... aren't they suppose to report for the month you are actually late? Can I still dispute it or should I not even touch it? I mean tecnically we were not late for the month of december.

I would appreciate your input.

Is the account still open or closed?

A 30 day late will not hurt after 2 years, by the incorrect reporting, you will be affected 2 months longer than if it were reported correctly(Oct instead of Dec).

If the account is closed, a dispute may end up removing the whole TL.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

The account is still open and has been paid early since january of 2007. We got a financial coach from this same Credit Union and she deferred our payments for one month and then put us on a budget for everything. We've done really good with everything and even manage to save money now.

I got some 4 years old baddies off my hubby's credit by disputing them through the CRA's. I guess I can wait until those baddies reach the 2 year mark which should be this upcoming december. Smiley Mad

Message 3 of 4
marty56
Super Contributor

They could have marked in 60 days late if you paid after November's statement date.

They reason is that some CCCs mark a payment as 30 days late if it is not paid by the next statement date.

In this example, if you payment is due on the 25th of each month and you pay October's payment on Novemeber 26, they could mark is 60 days late or mark you as 30 days late twice.

39 days late on October vs 30 days late on December realy isn't much different so if it realy was late I would leave it be.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.