Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit9 aka Americorfunding

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit9 aka Americorfunding

Has anyone heard of this company? I keep getting preapproved personal loan offers from them at 0% apr for 12 months (not deffered interest as far as I can see). I fell into a bit of a debt hole moving my parents when they bought a house, and the loan would go a long way at consolidating my payments and reducing monthy costs by eliminating some balances charging interest. However, the preapproval offer dosnt seem to work on thier website and wants me to call them instead, which threw up a red flag for me. Without seeing it in black and white on paper I am hesitant to contact them and add myself to yet another robo call list.

Update: I finally got around to calling them, and they are most certainly a debt settlement company, and try to be very sneaky about it. After half an hour on the phone giving information, they came back with thier "offer" which they present as an installment loan. Then they finally said "so we are going to go ahead and send you some forms to send to your creditors including power of attorney and stop payment ect" wait what? After arguing with them for another 15 minutes with them trying to convince me what a great thing this would be for my credit, even better then paying off all my balances right now (which i almost laughed at) I finally asked point blank do they offer any other services then debt settlement, which the rep dodged, so i hung up.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Credit9 aka Americorfunding

From a lending review site.

"Credit9 and credit9.com are part of the new wave of debt consolidation companies that are targeting American consumers. Generally, they engage consumers through direct mail, cold calling and internet ads. Generally, they target consumers with less than perfect credit and offer them low interest rates to lure them in. Ultimately, they are switched to a higher cost loans or debt relief products. "

Call and see what type of run around they will give you and report back so others can see. From reading around the net. Looks like a Credit One Loan Company. Theres better out there. Check your local CU or even where you bank. Good Luck!

Message 2 of 7
RehabbingANDBlabbing
Established Contributor

Yeah, these people are basically scammers. They sent me a preapproved offer for a $72,000 loan (about the amount of debt I owed when I started rebuilding), so I called and they wanted to do their own debt settlement program. It turns out I didn't qualify for the loan program (surprise surprise). They just want to sell expensive debt relief services that you can do yourself for free.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RehabbingANDBlabbing wrote:

Yeah, these people are basically scammers. They sent me a preapproved offer for a $72,000 loan (about the amount of debt I owed when I started rebuilding), so I called and they wanted to do their own debt settlement program. It turns out I didn't qualify for the loan program (surprise surprise). They just want to sell expensive debt relief services that you can do yourself for free.

Yea i have no desire to do debt settlement, i have it planned out to pay it off in about a year and a half or less and alot of it is still on 0% interest for the next 1-4 years., i dont need to damage my credit for the next 10 years over it.  

Message 4 of 7
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Good luck on the recovery!

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've done a little research online and they seem to have some pretty good reviews.  The only bad reviews on BBB were people who didn't get a call back when supposed to for an appointment and another where they received a counter offer.  I recieved a letter in the mail from Credit9 and I'd have to say that it was pretty good.  I've dont debt consolidation before and it worked out great.  I'm considering on doing it again.

Message 6 of 7
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

They may have a A+ rating. Theres more than 2 unhappy people with 3 stars out of 116 reviews. 

credit9.JPG

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.