Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CreditOne Late Payment Removal Success!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CreditOne Late Payment Removal Success!

Coming on here to let you all know that I was sucessful removing a late payment from CreditOne. I had a returned payment and they closed by account in October and would not allow me to reopen. When I tried to pay the bill online it said that my account was disabled and to contact someone. When I did this they reset my password but still did not work. They said I could pay by phone for a fee and I declined and said if I couldnt log in I would wait for a paper bill. Well two months went by (I forgot about the thing) and didnt receive a bill until last month. By that time it showed a late fee and I received a notification that I had a 30 day late fee on my credit report. Turns out when your card is closed your online payment options are revoked. Since I had paperless option I did not receive a paper bill in an approriate amount of time. I wrote an email to an executive team member and two weeks later received a letter from CreditOne stated that they would remove the late from all three credit beauros. It hasnt happened yet (received the letter yesterday) so I'm waiting to get that MyFico notification! 

My letter included basically what I had mentioned above with specific dates when phone calls and payments were made so they could track my communications and efforts to pay the bill. 

You can find the contacts here 

http://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/credit-one-bank/

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Re: CreditOne Late Payment Removal Success!

Nice! Congratulations!

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 2 of 11
Cherekas
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Coming on here to let you all know that I was sucessful removing a late payment from CreditOne. I had a returned payment and they closed by account in October and would not allow me to reopen. When I tried to pay the bill online it said that my account was disabled and to contact someone. When I did this they reset my password but still did not work. They said I could pay by phone for a fee and I declined and said if I couldnt log in I would wait for a paper bill. Well two months went by (I forgot about the thing) and didnt receive a bill until last month. By that time it showed a late fee and I received a notification that I had a 30 day late fee on my credit report. Turns out when your card is closed your online payment options are revoked. Since I had paperless option I did not receive a paper bill in an approriate amount of time. I wrote an email to an executive team member and two weeks later received a letter from CreditOne stated that they would remove the late from all three credit beauros. It hasnt happened yet (received the letter yesterday) so I'm waiting to get that MyFico notification! 

My letter included basically what I had mentioned above with specific dates when phone calls and payments were made so they could track my communications and efforts to pay the bill. 

Thats awesome to hear. Hopefully Cap One will cut me some slack this year with my lates from 2014.

Score: F8 EQ 609, EX 597, TU 614 (1/17) Current Score: F8 EQ 701, EX 714, TU 689 (12/18)

Goal Score: 700+ across all 3--Gardening until May 2019
USAA Amex-USAA Rate Advantage VS- Amex Gold- Amex Delta Blue- Macys- NYC CC- Victoria's Secret- Cap 1 QS- NFCU CR- Care Credit- Firestone- Sams Club CC- Best Buy Visa- Paypal 2% MC

Total CL $96,300
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having same situation. Can you share your email that you sent to Creditone? Thanks in adavance!

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Skartie thank you!!

I found this post and sent an email to all three contacts listed in the link you posted. I had a 60 day late and after emailing them this month I received a call the same day from the presidents desk. They said they would review my request and respond within 7 to 10 days and the late was removed (30 and 60 day)! My score jumped back up on credit karma and myfico shows TU updated juat waiting on the other 2 to update. Much appreciated for this post!
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

What was the email address you used?
Message 6 of 11
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Just a reminder that we can't post the email addresses or contact info for individuals in the public forums. 

It's fine to direct someone on where to find the information, though.

--UB

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey!

I contacted Kelly Long (Customer Service Supervisor) and James Shaugnessy (Vice President/Director Customer Service) - There email addresses can be found here http://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/credit-one-bank/  And btw this was a 60 day late. The 30 and 60 day late was removed!

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats...  Am I the only one that is not having any luck on his lates being remove?  I did sent an email to Mr. DeJong, and I did got a call the same day telling me they will review and respond in 7 - 10 days.  Got the response, DENIED...

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would recommend emailing the two contacts mentioned in my previous message. Kelly and Shaun as they are the customer service execs. Also did u have previous lates?

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.