Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creditor reaching out after BK goes off credit file

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Creditor reaching out after BK goes off credit file

Hi,

I have had nothing but immaculate credit history since I filed for BK. It came off of my CRs roughly few months ago. I have never been deliquent at all on any of my debts; scores across the board over 810+ with multiple CCs with limits above 20k. Out of nowhere, I get a letter from some collection company regarding some debt that some creditor bought from some creditor etc. etc. I am not even sure at this point if I opened the account or the debt is valid etc.

what do i do here? what the heck is this? is this legit?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Creditor reaching out after BK goes off credit file

I would immediately send a DV to start with. Beyond that would depend on how they respond. Sounds like one of those disreputable bottom feeders. Beyond that, there are people on here much more knowledgeable than I am that can hopefully point you in the right direction.
Message 2 of 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Creditor reaching out after BK goes off credit file

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

I have had nothing but immaculate credit history since I filed for BK. It came off of my CRs roughly few months ago. I have never been deliquent at all on any of my debts; scores across the board over 810+ with multiple CCs with limits above 20k. Out of nowhere, I get a letter from some collection company regarding some debt that some creditor bought from some creditor etc. etc. I am not even sure at this point if I opened the account or the debt is valid etc.

what do i do here? what the heck is this? is this legit?

If this was included in the BK send them a copy of the discharge with a cease and decist letter. If not then the DV will be useful and if its the result of ID theft then it can be excluded should it appear on your CR.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Victim-of-Identity-Theft-What-To-Do-to-Protect-Yourself/td-p/2059499

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.