Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creditors Getting Updated Credit Report

tag
XxRaVeNxX1
Contributor

Creditors Getting Updated Credit Report

After a successfull dispute, how do I have Experian/Equifax/TransUnion send an updated dispute to anyone who has requested my credit report within the last 90 days?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Creditors Getting Updated Credit Report

Send a request to the CRA, citing FCRA 611(d), and identifying the party to whom the notification is to be sent.

"FCRA 611(d)     Notification of deletion of disputed information. Following any deletion of information which is found to be inaccurate or whose accuracy can no longer be verified or any notation as to disputed information, the consumer reporting agency shall, at the request of the consumer, furnish notification that the item has been deleted or the statement, codification or summary pursuant to subsection (b) or (c) of this section to any person specifically designated by the consumer who has within two years prior thereto received a consumer report for employment purposes, or within six months prior thereto received a consumer report for any other purpose, which contained the deleted or disputed information."

Message 2 of 4
XxRaVeNxX1
Contributor

So it would be feasible to have the CRA's send  out an updated credit report  and then probably send a secure message to every creditor in the past six months, to be on the lookout for an updated credit report, as the APR or credit limit that was given to me was based on now corrected misinformation?

Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The CRA is not requried to provide a complete credit report to all such parties, only notice that the identified information has been deleted.

If you send a request for recon based on the deletion, then it would serve as permissible purpose for the creditor to pull your credit report to evauate any other information that may have changed.

You might end up with a hard pull......

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.