Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crescent Recovery...anyone familiar?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Crescent Recovery...anyone familiar?

I have an item on my CR for this company... pretty positive I've never heard of them. Plus, it says I opened it in Aug. 2007, and I haven't opened a new credit card account in about 5 years, of this I'm VERY positive.

I want to contact them today, but am wondering if anyone has heard of them, and could give some advice on how to deal with them?

Thanks!

Message Edited by abc1121 on 05-12-2008 07:33 AM
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Crescent Recorvery...anyone familiar?

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

abc1121 wrote:
I have an item on my CR for this company... pretty positive I've never heard of them. Plus, it says I opened it in Aug. 2007, and I haven't opened a new credit card account in about 5 years, of this I'm VERY positive.

I want to contact them today, but am wondering if anyone has heard of them, and could give some advice on how to deal with them?

Thanks!

When a CA reports "date open" that is normally they date they opened the account in their company.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok, got a letter from Crescent that was apparently written/sent the DAY BEFORE I sent them the DV letter. I put mine in the mail on May 1, and their letter is dated 4/30/08. I got their letter yesterday (May 6) and according to the USPS online tracker, they got my CMRRR on May 5.

Anyway... their letter (which I'm assuming they wrote/sent before they got my DV) states that they bought the debt from "Unifund" and it was for something like, $2,463, in August 2007. I looked up Unifund, and apparently, they are a CA, so now I'm really confused. Can a CA buy a debt from another CA? How does that even work? I have never had anything from Unifund on my credit report either. The Crescent letter also states that the OC was AUC Platinum, but again... I never had an account with any credit card/OC like that. I only had one card back in 2000 that was a platinum, and the balance was not the same as they are reporting, and I currently have a judgement on my CR for that account... so I don't think it can be the same one.

In their letter, they provided OC, but not date opened, account number, etc... just balance owed and OC name. (although I've never heard of the OC name!)

According to my CR, the DOLA on this account was November 2001. Will this fall of my CR in Nov 08?

Since I sent the DV, is Crescent now required to send me all the info I requested to validate the debt? Such as OC Acct.#, DOFD, date opened, copies of OC credit agreement, etc? If they cannot provide such info... what do I do then?

Sorry for the LOOOONG post, but thanks to all of you for your help. It is truly invaluable.
Message 4 of 8
Jayroc80
Established Member

Hate to hijack a thread....

abc1121, I have smiliar questions to you, and I didn't see the need of posting another thread.  I have some confusions about dates too. All the information below is from my stupidity of having credit cards in college...didn't really understand what I was doing and how it would affect me in the future. Smiley Sad I have posted some information from my Transunion credit report.  My confusion is about date opened and date reported. With the information posted below, am I able to request that information be removed from my account?

More about ASSOC/CITI

Remarks: 

[TransUnion] Account closed by consumer   

[Experian] Credit line closed - grantor request-reported by subscriber

[Equifax] Paid account/Zero Balance 

Past Due:  $0       

High Balance:          

Terms:        

Limit:  $XXXXX      

Payment Due:   $0.00

Payment Status: Experian - Paid satisfactorily, Equifax - Pays account as agreed, Transunion - Unrated       

Opened:  10/01/1999    

Reported:  03/01/2003    

Responsibility:  Individual    

More about DISCOVER FIN

Remarks: 

[TransUnion] Charged off as bad debt

[Experian] Credit line closed-consumer request - reported by subscriber

High Balance:  $XXXXX    

Terms:        

Limit:  $XXXXX       

Payment Due:   $0.00

Payment Status: Experian - Charge off, Transunion - Unrated

Opened:  04/05/1999    

Reported:  02/25/2005    

More about CAP ONE

Remarks: 

Settled - less than full balance  

[Experian] Election of remedy - reported by subscriber

[Equifax] Settlement Accepted on this account credit card 

Payment Status: Experian - Legally paid in full for less than full balance, Equifax - Bad debt & placed in collection & skip, Transunion - Settled, less than full balance   

High Balance:  $XXXXX       

Terms:        

Limit:          

Payment:          

Opened:  07/28/1998    

Reported:  01/03/2005    

More about ASSOC/CITI

Remarks: 

Canceled by credit grantor   

TransUnion Experian Equifax

Past Due:  $XXXXX       

High Balance:          

Terms:        

Limit:  XXXXX       

Payment Due:  $0.00

Payment Status: Charged off as bad dedt, canceled by credit grantor.

Opened:  06/04/1998    

Reported:  01/26/2005    

TU - 530, EX - 595, EQ - 580 10-13-2007
TU - 623, EX - 637, EQ - 648 4-25-2008
TU - 623, EX - 655, EQ - 630 5-19-2008
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Crescent Recovery

Got a letter from Crescent Saturday, May 10 after sending a DV Thursday, May 1. I had seen this on my CR since August 2007, but never knew what to do about it until this forum. I am truly grateful for all the GREAT info I've received here. Here is what the letter said:

"May 8, 2008

RE: Account # 100XXXXX
Original Creditor: AUC Platinum

Dear XXXX XXXXXXX:

I am in receipt of your correspondence regarding the above referenced account. Based on your investigation into this matter, Crescent Recovery, LLC has closed out the account and submitted to have our trade line deleted from your credit bureaus.

If you have any questions or need further assistance, please contact our office.

Thank you,
Jackie Lee-Anderson
Compliance Administrator"

Woohoo!! I am so thrilled about this. Checked my CR Saturday, and it had already been removed from TU. Score up 10 points! This was a CO for over $6,000 that was NOT mine, that is now OFF my CR.

Thank you MyFico.com Forum Members! Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

abc1121 wrote:
Can a CA buy a debt from another CA? How does that even work?

I saw from your later post you got this resolved, but to answer your question ...

Yes, your debt is a commodity that can be bought and sold many times.  Your OC gives up trying to get you to pay, and they sell your debt to a CA.  What they are selling is the right to collect the money that you owe.  The CA, if it has no luck collecting from you, can sell it to another CA.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes... I'll drink a FICOtini to that! Smiley Wink

So glad I got this resloved.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.