Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU Application?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DCU Application?

So I applied for a savings account with DCU, planning on doing checking too, but reading some threads from a few years ago I'm seeing that they actually do a credit pull, I didn't see this anywhere when applying, and my current CU definitely only checkec chec systems, so I wasn't expecting that. 

Does anyone know if the 620 score is still required? I read good things about them and wanted to start a relationship, but apparently I may have wasted a HP for nothing Smiley Frustrated I have unpaid collections that haven't been deleted yet, but no BK.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: DCU Application?

It's a soft pull for membership, checking and savings. They pull EQ5. If you're eligible they might offer a soft pull CC at sign up.

I'm not sure what is the FICO score minimum.

Did you get a hard pull for membership?
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

No HP as of yet. That's a relief! I don't think I'll qualify for any of their credit products right now, but that's good to know!

Even so, I'm just trying to get in with them for a car loan sometime in the next 7~10 months. Thanks for the response though! That's a relief. Will update if for some reason it ends up as a HP
Message 3 of 14
AllZero
Mega Contributor

You should be safe then. I don't recall reading any data points that DCU will hard pull for membership.

Glad you'll be a member. Beside car loans, they have a great 6.17% APY up to $1,000 on savings.

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought I had read that! That's great. I read they direct deposit a day early which is a neat perk too. Will update if I end up getting approved, if not, I'll reapply when my collections get deleted in the next 45 days~

Thanks again Smiley Very Happy
Message 5 of 14
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Good luck with collection deletion.

You're welcome. 😃
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: Spoke with CSR, apparently the minimum score is 580. I'm just below that, but expect to be past it when my other cards start reporting. She said I was asked for additional documents so that's a good sign, and if I am denied just apply again next month. So that's promising! Smiley Surprised 

Message 7 of 14
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Thanks for the data point.

Hope they'll let you sqeeze in today instead of waiting a month.
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm in! Score. Smiley Happy Will be setting up checking account right away.

Message 9 of 14
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your membership!

You get free monthly FICO EQ 5 scores too.
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.