Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU GoodWill

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DCU GoodWill

Hi,

I have an late payment marked for 30 days late over $12 for one of the credit card late payment. Genuienly forgot after making one lumpsum final payment, and thought I was done with it Smiley Sad. Never been late in the last several years, and clean credit history so far.

I have searched extensively on this forum and on Google and could not find information on 

1. Where to send the GW letter (Contacts at DCU- Digital Credit Union, Mass ???).

2. What was the outcome of any of the folks who had similar situation with DCU and did a GW letter?

3. Typically how much time it takes for a turnaround ? 

I called DCU over Phone and as well over Chat spoke to them, and all they indicated is , they are going to send a Credit Dispute Form, and I need to fill in and send to them. They indicated that it will take anywhere from 7-30 days to look into, but so far, no one has committed or indicated that this negative record will go away.

Appreciate if you folks can help and throw some light.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

Re: DCU GoodWill

Usually when you ask for a goodwill and they tell you to file a dispute, it just means that they will investigate the dispute and then confirm the late payment.  

If they agree to a goodwil adjustment, they just say yes.

I think this is just a brush-off, but if you don't try, that black mark will stay.  You may have to send them goodwill letters for a long time and hope you catch somebody on a good day.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a similar drop in my scores from 750 to 660. I have never been late on payments and this happened for the first time with DCU (about $15) six months back. I tried contacting them, but all they said was its a law and they are binded by law to report my late payment, and they cannot do anything about it. They did give me a form for disputing that. I am sure that form will not be very helpful for me, because there is nothing to dispute. It would be helpful if you can share with me any information you have obtained regarding how to tackle this situation, where to send the postal mails.

Can you please share with me any address you might have obtained.

Message 3 of 10
jbradey
Valued Member

I must have gotten a person in a good mood the day i asked about disputing a late payment she told me to fax a goodwill letter to 1-866-874-7820. she said explain the situation and what had happened. they actually took two 30 day late payments off my credit which jumped my score by alot. Just search goodwill letter on google any of the example letter should work

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. I hope they don't send me a reply by fax, since I don't have a machine at home. I ll try to drop in a letter on fax either in my office or outside at a postal service. How did they respond to you?

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sent in a fax to the number you provided couple of days back. Let's see how long they take to get back with a response to me. How long did they take for you?

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sent in a very polite letter asking for forgiveness. After 30 days they sent in a mail saying law does not allow them to remove late payment from reports.
Should I keep resending the letter? Smiley Sad
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes keep trying, that's just a generic BS answer from somebody that didn't want to help you. 

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Taking your advise, I re-sent the same letter. Today, I am sent a letter saying that they will do a courtesy removal of the late payment from credit reports. Thank you!!!

Message 9 of 10
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Right, keep trying if it fails. It only needs to get in the right caring hands once!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.