Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU Visa CLI declined because less than 1 year old but holly recon

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DCU Visa CLI declined because less than 1 year old but holly recon

DCU pulls Equifax mortgage score - mine was 691.

When I called to recon I found out it was because they will only do 1 CLI per year and my account is a few months shy of a year.

I said, gee I hate to waste the hard inquiry is there anything they can offer.

They offered me a $5,000 personal loan 48 months @ 11.5 for debt consilidation.  I consider that a big win as the other debt consolidations I looked at were >20% often >25%.

DCU is my main bank and I gotta say I really love them.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DCU Visa CLI declined because less than 1 year old but holly recon

Congratulations!

I have just started working with DCU myself (I needed an EQ puller since my EQ report was saying it was still frozen and ended up getting approved for $1K @ 13.75% on their VISA Platinum card) and I am very happy with them so far. Evaluating them for moving my direct deposit over from my current bank. 

They have been amazing to deal with although the PIN in the mail thing was a bit frustrating and I currently have an issue with bill pay on the app that their vendor is trying to solve (I got an email this morning about it), they’re very pleasant to talk to. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Definitely do direct deposit   i get my funds by 4p the day before everyone else in my office  

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Definitely do direct deposit   i get my funds by 4p the day before everyone else in my office  

I get Social Security, I should call and ask if that will get me my money 2 days early too because getting it on the 1st would be nice. 

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know about 2 days early but here is my experience:

Pay Day Friday the 15th

Cap 1, Visions FCU, Corporate America Federal Credit Union, Citibank all have money available between 6-7 AM on 15th

DCU money available by 4PM the 14th.

Pay Day Monday the 15th

Cap1, Citibank money available Saturday the 13th by around 6:00 AM

Visions FCU, Corporate America Federal Credit Union money available Monday the 15th around 6-7 AM

DCU Money Available Friday the 12th by 4:00 PM

So in my experience most banks would free a Monday pay date Saturday morning.

Comparing to those banks it's 1 day early.

Comparing to my other credit unions it can actually be 3 days early.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.