Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU late payment Goodwill

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DCU late payment Goodwill

Hi Guys i have a 1 late payment on my DCU Visa credit card. I want to ask for a Goodwill readjustment of the late payment. It was an honest mistake when I switched bank accounts and I forgot to update monthly payments. This also happened to my Chrysler capital auto loan account and I had 1 late payment. I would like to address both accounts, and I would like to find some guidance on how to approach this from people who have dealt with them or whoever has some knowledge on this matter. Thank you so much
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DCU late payment Goodwill

I have submitted multiple Goodwill letter to DCU, spoke with multiple different customer service submitted the credit dispute form twice requesting goodwill and not disputing the 1 late payment. All the efforts have been unsuccessful, and they have updated my credit profile with a note that my credit dispute has been resolved and information is correct. That caught with me a surprise since I wasn't disputing the validity just requesting goodwill removal. I am assured now I'll have to live with it until it ages n fall off in 4 years. **bleep** DCU they are firm that they don't change their reporting unless it's an error on their part.

Message 3 of 4
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: DCU late payment Goodwill

@Anonymous wrote:

I have submitted multiple Goodwill letter to DCU, spoke with multiple different customer service submitted the credit dispute form twice requesting goodwill and not disputing the 1 late payment. All the efforts have been unsuccessful, and they have updated my credit profile with a note that my credit dispute has been resolved and information is correct. That caught with me a surprise since I wasn't disputing the validity just requesting goodwill removal. I am assured now I'll have to live with it until it ages n fall off in 4 years. **bleep** DCU they are firm that they don't change their reporting unless it's an error on their part.

Unfortunately goodwill just doesn't work out sometimes. Sorry about that.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.