cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DEBT VALIDATION / SETTLEMENT ON OWED DEBTS *NOT REPORTING ON CREDIT*?

tag
Blazesian
New Contributor

DEBT VALIDATION / SETTLEMENT ON OWED DEBTS *NOT REPORTING ON CREDIT*?

Hi there!

I'm struggling to find threads that have information on creating settlement letters for debts that you owe which are *no longer reporting* on your credit. I have a total of roughly $90K in debts that throughout the past two years of credit repair have been removed. Only $39K remains and they are all VERY high. I'm unable to touch those at the moment. ($11K repossession, $6.9K CapOne debt, etc.)

From what I understand, I am supposed to send a debt validation letter FIRST before requesting a settlement of the debt? But all examples say that I "saw it on my credit report". Would I still use this? 

The first two debts I'm going after that are no longer reporting is a medical bill of $105 and an old energy bill from Reliant for $206. 

Thank you in advance for the help!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: DEBT VALIDATION / SETTLEMENT ON OWED DEBTS *NOT REPORTING ON CREDIT*?

If the debt is no longer reporting, I would also guess it's past the statute of limitation?

How old are those debts?
Message 2 of 4
Blazesian
New Contributor

Hi! I just replied to your PM.

They are all from 2015 and newer.

I was with a credit repair company for about two years on and off and they have repeatedly gotten all but the largest debts off of my credit report. Now that I'm finally able to stash *some* money away - I am trying to chip away at my debts smallest to largest.

Message 3 of 4
AllZero
Mega Contributor

I'm not an expert on DV letters. I'm guessing the process is the same? Hopefully, other members can chime in.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.