Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DH's CR!

tag
bubbles0605
Regular Contributor

DH's CR!

Please help me with this. Here is a list of the collection accts on dh's cr.

Date opened: 6/07 bal amt.$487 status seriously past due, no ca listed . strange? dont know what this is.

NCO financial date opened 10/07 bal date 4/08 bal. $320 *no idea what this is*

Verizon: date opened 06/07,bal $487 date of status 6/08 status automated account . What doesn that status mean? Also, by the acct # it looks like a phone we had over 5 yrs ago,but it says it was opened June 07.

Please help! Whats my 1st step to clean this up? who do i contact about the ones that have no collector listed! Thanks a ton!

Starting Exp-545, TU-531,EQ-515
DH starting Exp-503,TU-486,EQ-470
short term goal: mine-600, DH-550
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: DH's CR!

bubbles0605 wrote: Please help me with this. Here is a list of the collection accts on dh's cr.

Date opened: 6/07 bal amt.$487 status seriously past due, no ca listed . strange? dont know what this is.

Where did you get your reports from?

NCO financial date opened 10/07 bal date 4/08 bal. $320 *no idea what this is

Send them a full validation DV letter

Verizon: date opened 06/07,bal $487 date of status 6/08 status automated account . What doesn that status mean? Also, by the acct # it looks like a phone we had over 5 yrs ago,but it says it was opened June 07.

Date opened of June 07 would be the date it went to collection. Do not know about the account status.

Please help! Whats my 1st step to clean this up? who do i contact about the ones that have no collector listed! Thanks a ton!

What state are you in and do you know the DOFD of any of these accounts.
Message 2 of 11
bubbles0605
Regular Contributor

No i dont know the DOFD b/c I dont even know what they are. We havent opened any new acct's in the past several yrs b/c of low scores, so I have no idea.

We are in Massachusetts.

Message Edited by bubbles0605 on 08-21-2008 02:17 PM
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

bubbles0605 wrote:
Please help me with this. Here is a list of the collection accts on dh's cr.

One reason for the CA not being listed would be is if the CA routinely reports medical accounts to the CRA. Seems the CRA just auto masks their name on every account, medical or not.  I had this happen.

Also, where did you pull your reports?

NCO financial date opened 10/07 bal date 4/08 bal. $320 *no idea what this is*

Date open could simply be the date they aquired the debt. It doesn't mean the date the original account was open. I would DV this, if I could PIF in the case of a suit being filed. Because of the amount, the chances are slimmer of it happening, but not impossible.

Is this Verizon reporting this or a CA?

The amount matches the first collection you listed.

Message 4 of 11
bubbles0605
Regular Contributor

My gosh your right! I cnat believe i didnt catch that! ugh!

I pulled the reports from my cc that has scores and reports for privacy assist. BofA.

Verizon is listed as verizon not a ca. Also, what does status: automated account mean?
And if it went to a ca, why is verizon still listing a balance? Shouldnt it say 0?
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure what "automated account" means.

However, if Verizon just had the CA collect on the account and didn't actually sell it, then they can still report a balance.

The OC only has to report a $0 balance if they sold the account. From other's experiences I've read here, Verizon doesn't sell their accounts usually.
Message 6 of 11
bubbles0605
Regular Contributor

Alright, so should i do a dv then a pfd??
Message 7 of 11
BIRDWRITER
Regular Contributor

Hi,

Is the Verizon for a land-line or for a cell phone? I just learned on this forum that the federal SOL for cell phones is 2 years. Smiley Wink
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

so, if the cell provider charged me an early term. fee (even after saying they wouldn't) and two years later, they are trying to collect on it, they are in violation?   Is this correct???

Considering who the CA is, this wouldn't be any big surprise, however, this completely changes the way I deal with them!
Message 9 of 11
BIRDWRITER
Regular Contributor

That's my understanding! 2 years is Federal sol.

GL! Smiley Happy
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.