cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DIFFERENT 3 bureau FICO 8 scores -- on different sites - WHAT DO YOU USE?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DIFFERENT 3 bureau FICO 8 scores -- on different sites - WHAT DO YOU USE?

I have been using Free Credit Report

it tells me i have

EX 711 EQ 729 TU 678

on econsumer.equifax.com

EX 674 EQ 689 TU 680

any explanation why i would have such a BIG DIFFERENCE on experian and equifax? the trans union seems to be pretty close

PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU USE TO GET YOUR FICO 8 SCORES

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DIFFERENT 3 bureau FICO 8 scores -- on different sites - WHAT DO YOU USE?

There could be any number of reasons why.  What's the difference in the number of inquiries you have between EX and EQ?  That could do it right there.

From some of your previous posts:

"For some reason Equifax -- does not have ANY of my two negatives -- and it doesnt have any of my late First Premier payments."

"When I began I had two collection notices on Experian and Trans Union, and none on Equifax. Now I have one Experian and Trans Union. Those collection notices are from 2012 -- they will come off next year.

So with collections on Ex and TU, you are wondering why your EQ score is higher that doesn't have the collections showing?

I have the Experian app on my mobile.  It gives a free score every month.  If you are an Amex customer, they give EX FICO 8 for free every month.

Message 2 of 4
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

I have an Experian subscription that I pay for each month. It gives me my updated score daily and all 3 bureau's each month. You should check out CreditCheckTotal.com. You can check all 3 scores for $1 for their 7 day trial. Just be sure to cancel before the 7 days! What's cool is you can do the trial multiple times; I've already done it like 5 or 6 times. CCT even updated my EX score before my app did. That morning I opened my app to my score of like 705, then I did the CCT trial and my score was 713! Then the next day, my app updated to 713. So I'd say CCT updates a little faster.

It also depends on the bureau. EQ is always the slowest to update for me. They still don't have my credit line increases that showed up on TU and EX already.

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Officially collection free as of 3/19/19!!
STARTING SCORES: 377 (11/2013) & 580 (3/2018)
Message 3 of 4
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Any products from EQ are not FICO 8 unless noted as such. Mostly FICO 4. The EQ website states: Equifax® 3-Bureau credit scores are each based on the Equifax Credit Score model, but calculated using the information in your Equifax, Experian® and TransUnion® credit files. Third parties use many different types of credit scores and will not use the Equifax 3-Bureau credit scores to assess your creditworthiness.

Whereas EX is FICO 8.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.