cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DOFD doesn't show up on EX report (HELP!!)

tag
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

Re: DOFD doesn't show up on EX report (HELP!!)

How exactly would I find out what DOFD is? Should I call Comcast? I don't even have an account number for them. Is there a number to their credit dept? The amount isn't much but I would like to get it cleared proper way. 

It it had shown up on TU till last year and showed it was in dispute by consumer but I never disputed anything hell I didn't even know you do that. I know what my credit report looked like but always thought I will wait out everything. What's the best way to approach this?

Message 11 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@darwin_wins wrote:

I have a copy of the report that I was able to access because I opened a dispute with Experian about 2 entries one by hsbc and another by ca and I had paid ca so thought they can't be reporting at the same time. Anyway so I was looking at the report and saw the same thing no first default date. Not sure why that's the case. It says the account was opened in 2013 and I haven't had Comcast in almost 6 years so did Comcast try to collect it till 2013 and then hand it over? If so I didn't receive anything. Also if that's the case they should still report it from 2009 and not 2013. Should I dispute this. I was denied by Chase so I knew I could order a free copy which I did right now. That should have everything, right? If that comes back with 2013 what should I do? 

Is this item showing on EQ as well? EQ full reports from annualcreditreport.com (100% free) will show the actual reported DoFD for each item. EX typically just shows an estimated removal date.

Message 12 of 23
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

No only EX shows it. EQ is clean in terms of collections.
Message 13 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@darwin_wins wrote:
No only EX shows it. EQ is clean in terms of collections.

The estimated removal date should show in the Status Details block for the item, on your full EX report (from annualcreditreport.com)

Message 14 of 23
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

Estimated removal date on the report I have on hand is 2020. I may request one in couple of weeks once Amex starts reporting paid off information on the account. I want to make sure that Amex has reported that otherwise I will end up buying a report second time this year.

Is the report from Equifax 3 in 1 different than what Annualcreditreport? I always assumed that say Equifax was pulling the same info that annualcreditreport shows.

Message 15 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@darwin_wins wrote:

Estimated removal date on the report I have on hand is 2020. I may request one in couple of weeks once Amex starts reporting paid off information on the account. I want to make sure that Amex has reported that otherwise I will end up buying a report second time this year.

Is the report from Equifax 3 in 1 different than what Annualcreditreport? I always assumed that say Equifax was pulling the same info that annualcreditreport shows.

They pull from the same block of data, but they may not DISPLAY everything. OK, so they are going by a DoFD of no later the 2/13. If you believe its signifigantly earlier, then dispute that they are reporting an incorrect DoFD, and the date you believe it should be.

Message 16 of 23
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

I am going to pull report from EX using annualcreditreport and will have to definitey dispute it
Message 17 of 23
thesecondtimearound
Valued Member

@gdale6 wrote:

@thesecondtimearound wrote:

Many commercial credit reports do not provide the reported DOFD.  You may be able to obtain it by ordering a copy of your CR through annualcreditreport.com or by obtaining a copy directly from the CRA.

I've noticed this as well and its very frustrating. Why do they sell us these "lite" versions of our credit reports, but make it so difficult to obtain the fuil & complete ones? The discrespensies make planning and moving forward unnecessarily painful.

The system is designed and skewed to the creditor its not designed to make it easy for you to do anything.

Truer words have never been written. The further I move along on my credit rebuilding journey, the more I learn about the entire system. Unfortunately every new thing I discover is just another example of your statement! it can be tough to remain positive and focused when all signs point to a rigged game! 

Message 18 of 23
thesecondtimearound
Valued Member

@darwin_wins wrote:
I am going to pull report from EX using annualcreditreport and will have to definitey dispute it

Keep us updated! And just a random FYI: for the past three yrs Experian has denied me my CR from annnualcreditreport.com. They claim some generic excuse about not being able to verify my identity, but then offer to SELL it to me on the very next page! I'm not alone. Found out from a quick google search that countless others have experienced the exact same thing.

Message 19 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:

Many commercial credit reports do not provide the reported DOFD.  You may be able to obtain it by ordering a copy of your CR through annualcreditreport.com or by obtaining a copy directly from the CRA.

I've noticed this as well and its very frustrating. Why do they sell us these "lite" versions of our credit reports, but make it so difficult to obtain the fuil & complete ones? The discrespensies make planning and moving forward unnecessarily painful.

The system is designed and skewed to the creditor its not designed to make it easy for you to do anything.

Truer words have never been written. The further I move along on my credit rebuilding journey, the more I learn about the entire system. Unfortunately every new thing I discover is just another example of your statement! it can be tough to remain positive and focused when all signs point to a rigged game! 

Yeah but when you KNOW the game is rigged, you can use that to your advantage.

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.