Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DOLA- REMOVAL

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DOLA- REMOVAL

I had a Capital One card charged off back in September of 2017.  It was never brought current after that.  I paid it off to a zero balance two years later December of 2019. When does this account completely come off my credit report? Is it 7 years from September 2017, or is it seven years from December 2019 when I paid it off??

Thanks for your input!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: DOLA- REMOVAL

The DoFD is 7 yrs from 2017 and the charge off will be gone. Good job paying it off. Looks better for future creditors. Welcome to the forums!

Message 2 of 3
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: DOLA- REMOVAL

Well technically, neither. It's not 7 years from CO date OR pay off date. It's 7 years from DOFD or Date of First Delinquency, which is the date the first payment was missed and the account was never brought current after that. So actually the fall off would be (presumably) sometime around March 2024, because usually accounts aren't COd until 6 months after the first missed payment. So if CO was September 2017, I would assume the first missed payment prior to CO was March 2017.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.