Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DOLA is incorrect

tag
Jlbolden
Established Member

DOLA is incorrect

I have proof that my date of last payment was on a certain day  via statement from Amex but my credit report is not reflective. What is the best way to address this? 7 years will be up 12/2023.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: DOLA is incorrect

DoLP means nothing. If its a charge off. Its 7yrs from the first late that led to the charge off. I take it thats what your talking about.

Message 2 of 13
Jlbolden
Established Member

Yes. It was 12/2016, but in my report it says 2021.

Message 3 of 13
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

DOFD should still say 12/2023 though, right? That's the one that matters. 

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 4 of 13
Jlbolden
Established Member

It does not show. I requested statements from credit card company,

@OmarGB9 wrote:

DOFD should still say 12/2023 though, right? That's the one that matters. 

and it clearly shows that.

Message 5 of 13
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Then all is accurate. Payments ending had/has nothing to do with fall offs and so forth. You can request EE from TU in June.

Message 6 of 13
Jlbolden
Established Member

Well, on my credit report, it states to fall off 8/2025. I really just want guidance on how to dispute this so that it is reporting accurately and it will follow off this year

16141EAB-CFC8-4F2D-AE6A-C5482E883020.jpeg

Message 7 of 13
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Under payment info it says since Dec 18. So really its fall off Dec 2025. First CO is the same. Edit:

In fact pull your reports from ACR ans see what it says. Dont know which one this is above. Date at the bottom is off.

Message 8 of 13
bass_playr
Established Contributor

What do you have from AMEX showing a different date of last payment, and when was that last payment made?  The date it first went delinquent is the start of the clock for credit reporting.  If your last payment was in December 2016, that does not necessarily show when it first became delinquent.  Let's say you were 2 months past due and you paid one of those months in 12/2016, then that last payment did not change the DOFD, and therefore, it would not change when it was supposed to come off your reports.  

Message 9 of 13
Jlbolden
Established Member

My last payment was in November 2016. I never made a payment after that. 

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.