Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DTI is too high for US Bank Secured Credit Card

tag
php111
Regular Contributor

DTI is too high for US Bank Secured Credit Card

I applied for a Secured Credit Card with US Bank, and I called them and they declined me because my DTI is slightly too high and if that is slightly lower than they would approve me. However, I cannot figure out how they are figuring it out by my DTI is slightly too high. My two revolving accounts are Discover which is $198 and a Capital One which is $686. Both are closed accounts. Discover had a $200 limit and Capital One had a $590 limit. I also have 1 collection account for AmSher and the original creditor is T-Mobile and the balance is $1,814. My yearly income is $13,020. They asked me do I receive any other income and I said no but the only thing I receive is a $650 rent rebate once a year and they put that in and it is still slightly off. They asked me too confirm $650 even not $653 or $659 and I said it is just $650.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DTI is too high for US Bank Secured Credit Card

Your closed credit cards are the debt that you can reduce as well as the collection but I would pay off the closed credit card accounts cause they are giving you a high monthly revolving amount compared to your income and since they are closed your utilization is over 100%
Message 2 of 4
php111
Regular Contributor

Thanks so much!

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

You may want to sign up for CreditKarma also, the scores are Vantage so they are not really useful but the site will automatically tell you yout DTI and Utilization calculations.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.