Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DUMB QUESTION

tag
gracie22
Established Member

DUMB QUESTION

Okay I disputed a defaulted student loan on my CR for the balance being incorrect.  IT was updated and now says $0 balance and it says charge off.  Does charge off mean the just sent it to a collection agency?

"You're only as strong as your weakest FICO"
16JUL08 EX559 EQ528 TU483 ----
21JUL14 EX649 EQ682 TU683
9SEP14 Discover FICO EQ 700
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
gracie22
Established Member

Re: DUMB QUESTION

btw when they updated it its has the timeline that says CO fgrom aug07 to jun 08. you can keep updating chargeoffs?
Message 2 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

gracie22 wrote:
Okay I disputed a defaulted student loan on my CR for the balance being incorrect.  IT was updated and now says $0 balance and it says charge off.  Does charge off mean the just sent it to a collection agency?

It probably means it was sold to a CA. If there is no CA reporting or collecting, and if you can do it, then force out a PIF to them and you'll avoid the CA.
Message 3 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

gracie22 wrote:
btw when they updated it its has the timeline that says CO fgrom aug07 to jun 08. you can keep updating chargeoffs?

Yes, up to the point is get paid. So, you shouldn't see "CO" from July on.
Message 4 of 6
gracie22
Established Member

thx for the input im gonna try to call since they dont like to respond.  I'm assuming havent responded because their sellin it or its being filed with the government.  i must rather try a pfd of something.  hopefully they're not jerks on the phone.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Who is the collector you're trying to dispute with? 

I am assuming this isn't a private loan, is that correct? 

Have you tried the NSLDS?
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.