cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DV Letter or letters to Collection Agency??

tag
GoGuard

DV Letter or letters to Collection Agency??

Just when I think I'm prepared to make the first official move and get some of these letters out...Debt Validation to Collection Agency's, Goodwill Letters to Original Creditors, etc., I've drawn a HUGE blank and know I know the answer to this but I'm drawing a blank. If I have one Collection Agency showing up on all three credit reports and I need to send these letters CMRRR, do I send a DV letter to the same Collection Agency for each Credit Report entry or do I send one CMRRR letter and mention it is being reported on all three credit reports?

Brain F**t of the most simplest thing, just when I need it the most!!!  Any HELP appreciated!!!!!!!  Here I was ready to send these out and now I'm stopped dead in the water until I know for sure.  The logic probably answers the question, just on this particular one I am talking about $1400 so really want to make the right step. TY again for any help!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
mschang
Regular Contributor

Re: DV Letter or letters to Collection Agency??

just one letter per TL.

Starting Score: EQ FICO 588 EX FICO 587 TU FICO 588
Current Score: EQ FICO 660 EX FICO 642 TU FICO 606
Goal Score: 680
Message 2 of 9
GoGuard

Thank you for the reply!

Now another questions that I didn't see forthcoming. On my tri-reort from USAA there is an address listed but it is different than one I found somewhere else. On the report it's listed just as "Rob Reg Yng" with an address, but somewhere I found someone thought they were R*binson, Reagan & Young, PLLC but with yet a different address. So far, I've seen about 4 addresses. If I want to send a DV for this Collection, do I use the address on the Tri-Report I just pulled last night from USAA.

And is there an advantage to sending to an address you know is valid, or an old one that is on a report that might be old?

But then again that would depend on if I want them to validate the debt or in this case, we think we really do have a check showing where we paid this issue, so I would want it to go to a legimate address?

Is there a simple rhyme or reason to current address for these folks?

Message 3 of 9
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

One letter per TL.  As for the address, it's supposed to be the correct address on your CR but that is not always the case with a CA.  Have you googled them?  Sometimes this will give you the current address.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 4 of 9
GoGuard

TY!!!

Message 5 of 9
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

If you're still having trouble finding the address, post a thread on here.  Chances are someone's already dealing with them.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I really need help with my credit report. there is a agency called ROB REG YNG. Which charged me $1621, for something I dont know of. The company is unlisted.  I looked them up they/ ROB REG YNG have no phone numbER.  I have been frauded, PLEASE HELP. I actually thought I was doing something because I paid off my old apartment, last year about $600, and this year I paid off my student loan at about $1200, I am willing to pay off debts I made, but not the ones I didnt make, please help

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I really need help with my credit report. there is a agency called ROB REG YNG. Which charged me $1621, for something I dont know of. The company is unlisted.  I looked them up they/ ROB REG YNG have no phone numbER.  I have been frauded, PLEASE HELP. I actually thought I was doing something because I paid off my old apartment, last year about $600, and this year I paid off my student loan at about $1200, I am willing to pay off debts I made, but not the ones I didnt make, please help

Dispute it within the CRA.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok thank u. Ill look it up.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.