Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DV'c CA. now they're calling

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DV'c CA. now they're calling

I have a collection on my CR from AR Resources. I DV'd them and they responded within a few days. I got the name of the OC, which is a hospital, and I'm trying to deal with them. However, in the letter to the CA, I specifically stated no telephone contact. They have called twice since responding and left messages. It's only been a week since I received their response. Aren't they supposed to cease telephone contact? What can I do about it? Thnaks!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: DV'c CA. now they're calling

Just curious...how did they respond?? Did you get a letter or phone call??  Could they validate??

Is the account showing $0 / CO from the OC?

I'm not sure if they can legally contact you if you requested no phone contact.  My guess, they probably can, unfortunately.
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

They responded by letter. They sent me an invoice on their letterhead with OC name, amount and medical service provided. OC ( hospital) is not reporting on CR.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

darrello wrote:
They responded by letter. They sent me an invoice on their letterhead with OC name, amount and medical service provided. OC ( hospital) is not reporting on CR.

If you requested no telephone contact, it is a violation for them to be contacting you.

If you requested a copy of the original debt, what they provided is not sufficient. But I would continue to try and work with the OC.

Ask them if they can remove from collections and allow you to PIF.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

The response I got from the OC at first, was that they could not find the account. A few days later she called me back, and had found it, but said it was turned over to the CA, and I would have to contact them.  I had already Dv'd the CA. Should I offer a PFD? What should I do about the calls?
Message 5 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

darrello wrote:
The response I got from the OC at first, was that they could not find the account. A few days later she called me back, and had found it, but said it was turned over to the CA, and I would have to contact them.  I had already Dv'd the CA. Should I offer a PFD? What should I do about the calls?

If you wrote to them and told them not to call, even after validation, they still cannot call (see sect. 805 FDCPA). I would take a picture of your caller ID each time they call and hold that for leverage for the future.

If you agree with the debt, offer a PFD, but you could use the proof they called as leverage to push them to accept.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.