Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DV letter sent no response

tag
SSH0126
Established Contributor

Re: DV letter sent no response

Should we state we want collection deleted?
Message 11 of 18
guiness56
Epic Contributor

You can tell them but the CRA has nothing to do with a CA not responding to a DV letter. 

"I dispute this debt" in a DV is not a dispute of the accuracy or completeness of information in a TL on a CR.   Therefore, you're not disputing under 1681s-2(a).

Message 12 of 18
SSH0126
Established Contributor

OKay so.. 

Ag-needs to know specifically what ? 

CRA- needs to be told specifically what? 

CRA-needs to be told specifically what? 

Message 13 of 18
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Long, long ago, when I first started coming to these forums, posters would send a copy of the green card and a copy of the DV letter to the CRAs and ask that they delete based on the fact the CA never validated the debt.  Some had luck, some didn't.

Message 14 of 18
SSH0126
Established Contributor

Okay so I will try that with the CRA. 

Now with the Attorney General and the BBB my dispute should state that they are re-aging and not responding to the letters and include letters sent and certfied tracking..what code are the violating based on the previous posts? (We live in Texas if that makes a difference. I am wanting to have all letters typed up and sent out asap. Just needing a some guidance. All help appericated. 

Message 15 of 18
SSH0126
Established Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

File a complaint with FTC, AG and BBB.   cc the CA in each of the letters.

I went on the Texas Attorney General Wesbite and seen this The Attorney General’s Office does not resolve individual consumer complaints. ???????

Message 16 of 18
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Like the FTC, the AG may not resolve individual complaints but if they get enough complaints about a CA they can take action.  The AG has the power to sue a CA, take away their license, etc.  Yours could be the one complaint needed for them to take some sort of action.  I would submit a complaint anyway.

Message 17 of 18
cookiebird
Frequent Contributor

It is my understanding that Texas requires them to respond in 30 days but you have to state the code in the DV letters. Lesson learned for me too as I sent out DV letters without it. The ones I don't hear from I am going to send another DV letter stating that.

last app 11/13/2013 gardening for at least a year
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.