Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DV question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DV question

Should a DV letter be sent to a CA that isn't appearing as reported on CR's or should it be ignored and  work with the OC?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: DV question

I send DVs to every CA that sends those letters, inside or outside SOL, especially for dunning letters. Of course, if not a dunning letter, I always make sure I have the money in my hands before sending a DV.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the response llcs,

Excuse my ignorance but any collection that comes in the mail to me looks dunning so how do you know if they are not a "dunning letter"?  My aunts hubby just received a Priority-Gram from PMAB LLC out of Charlotte NC, anyone heard of this CA? So even if they plan to try and work these collections out with the OC still send DV to any letters?
Message 3 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I see a distinction with the language of the letter. Some will use the word "initial". All of them include a phrase "you have 30 days from this communication" or something like that. IMO, you could always play dumb if you get that letter and you think it is your first letter. Also, chances are the CA won't report until a month or so after you get that first letter.

I'd send the DV even if you are working out a written deal with the OC. The CA could decide to report anyway and a DV will also stall any action on their part, reporting included.

Haven't heard of PMAB, but a google search turned up a seemingly passive CA.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much llecs again I apologize for my ignorance. LOL
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.