Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DV question

tag
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

DV question

I tried searching, may have missed it but didn't find anything, but does requesting DV restart any clocks (SOL or CRPT)? I want to say I've read here that it doesn't, but would like to make sure. Thanks
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: DV question

Nope on SOL assuming you didn't variate from the meaning of a DV like admitting to the debt or offering to pay. Nothing can reset DOFD (legally).

Message 2 of 26
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

No I haven't sent the DV yet. I was planning to send the Lonnster DV letter on the board to my last remaining bad, but the CA appears to be lawyers?? and I didn't want to do something dumb. That is scheduled to drop off in 2013 according to the EX and TU reports I have seen.
Message 3 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@-Cain- wrote:
I tried searching, may have missed it but didn't find anything, but does requesting DV restart any clocks (SOL or CRPT)? I want to say I've read here that it doesn't, but would like to make sure. Thanks

DoFD no.

SOL maybe.  It's always best to use terminology like "alleged debt" or "even thoguh I do not believe I owe this money, I am willing to ... ".

Message 4 of 26
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the replies, I appreciate it.
Message 5 of 26
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

rsRe: DV question

DV letters relate to debt collection practices under the FDCPA.  They are not reported to a CRA, and are not recorded in your credit file.

The periods used to calculate deletion dates from your CR are based only on the relevant date of a derog or delinquency reported to your credit file.

Message 6 of 26
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Re: rsRe: DV question

That would cover DoFD, but SOL is a different animal then?

Also, can a DV letter cause a TL to be noted as disputed even though one isn't disputing through the CRA? Is that up to each CA or is it the norm?
Message 7 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@-Cain- wrote:
That would cover DoFD, but SOL is a different animal then?

Also, can a DV letter cause a TL to be noted as disputed even though one isn't disputing through the CRA? Is that up to each CA or is it the norm?

Yes, SOL is a totally different animal.

There have been cases of a DV resulting in a dispute annotation on the tradeline.  Not sure it is the norm, though.

Message 8 of 26
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

I thought I had read some posts like that here...
Message 9 of 26
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

To find the TLs owner, is it best to DV the CA or call/write the OC directly?
Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.