Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DV question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: rsRe: DV question

@-Cain- wrote:
So calling the OC to find out who owns debt would be a better move than DVing CA? I was leaning towards that as I thought DVs might make a CA not want to work with you on a PFD after that.

My understanding is that if the CA does not own the debt, you can try to PFD the original creditor.  They can recall the debt from the CA and the CA would then have to delete their tradeline.  Then you pay the OC and they also do not report.

DVing the CA will not get the tradeline removed unless they sell the debt.  They do not have to reply to your DV.

Message 21 of 26
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Ok. My next step will be to call the OC and see if they still own the debt. I will update. I appreciate the help thus far from all that replied.
Message 22 of 26
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

This bad we have been discussing under my TU reports reads as Loan Type: Open Account - Collection Agency Attorney.

An RJM account I had read Loan Type: Open Account - Factoring Company Account. Is there a difference between the two?
Message 23 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@-Cain- wrote:
This bad we have been discussing under my TU reports reads as Loan Type: Open Account - Collection Agency Attorney.

An RJM account I had read Loan Type: Open Account - Factoring Company Account. Is there a difference between the two?

That I do not know.  Sorry.

Message 24 of 26
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Not a problem, I don't think it'd make too much difference, just happened to look back at my CRs.
Message 25 of 26
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Just googled factoring company account...one site says it's what JDBs call their accounts.
Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.