Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DV with inserts???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DV with inserts???

I am going to dispute the AFNI collection placed on my DD's CRs.  However, I have a question(s)?
All three CRAs are showing different DOLA's, which in turn has affected the "drop off dates".  Should I just file the dispute and send the standard DV to AFNI, or should I DV with AFNI with inserts in the letter about reaging between the different bureaus. 

It would probably be best to let the bureaus come back with responses first, but I'm not sure what to do in a case where I know inaccurate information has already been reported three different ways to three different CRAs.
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DV with inserts???

kidshelper wrote:
I am going to dispute the AFNI collection placed on my DD's CRs.  However, I have a question(s)?
All three CRAs are showing different DOLA's, which in turn has affected the "drop off dates".  Should I just file the dispute and send the standard DV to AFNI, or should I DV with AFNI with inserts in the letter about reaging between the different bureaus. 

It would probably be best to let the bureaus come back with responses first, but I'm not sure what to do in a case where I know inaccurate information has already been reported three different ways to three different CRAs.

Do not dispute with the CRA yet.

DOLA doesn't effect the drop off dates. DOFD is what drop off date is based on.

What is the DOFD and drop off date being reported on each one?

Always DV before disputing.
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

sidewinder wrote:

kidshelper wrote:

Gosh, this stuff gets more confusing as I go along.  Okay, I have never spoken to any of the CAs showing on the CBR, nor have I received any communication, written or otherwise.    However, I pulled the reports on 7/7/08 and a lot of CAs showed up.

AFNI in particular.EQ:  DOFD 01/06                 no drop off date provided
                             EX:  DOFD none shown        drop off date: 10/12
                             TU: DOFD none shown         drop off date: 12/2012
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

kidshelper wrote:

sidewinder wrote:

kidshelper wrote:

Gosh, this stuff gets more confusing as I go along.  Okay, I have never spoken to any of the CAs showing on the CBR, nor have I received any communication, written or otherwise.    However, I pulled the reports on 7/7/08 and a lot of CAs showed up.

AFNI in particular.EQ:  DOFD 01/06                 no drop off date provided
                             EX:  DOFD none shown        drop off date: 10/12
                             TU: DOFD none shown         drop off date: 12/2012

Negative items remain no more than 7-7.5 years from DOFD.

01/06 + 7-7.5 years = 01/13- 07/13

So, it is falling off a few months early on EX and TU.
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

this is the thing that gets me.....where can you find DOFD...it's not on EQ. can you assume that if DOLA was in june....DOFD is probably within a month or 2 of that?
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

molly73 wrote:
this is the thing that gets me.....where can you find DOFD...it's not on EQ. can you assume that if DOLA was in june....DOFD is probably within a month or 2 of that?

The CBRs are very difficult to analyze because they all report info differently.  If you get the report directly from EQ the DOFD is sometimes given, and sometimes it isn't.   DOLA is not an accurate reflection of DOFD.

I pulled credit reports from myfico for all three, then I went to www.annualcreditreport.com and pulled all three.  I wish I would have pulled from annualcreditreport.com first and gotten the three from myfico once I started cleaning everything up.
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

which one should you be concerned about then for SOL....should you base SOL off of DOLA or DOFD?

i thought you base it off of DOLA...this is what I am able to get off of my EQ report...I have TC.....but they don't have DOLA or DOFD.

do you think that the EQ reports i get from this site are pretty accurate when it comes to DOLA & that these DOLA would be the same on my TU & EX?

Message Edited by molly73 on 07-23-2008 12:18 AM
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

In my case, I found the reports directly from the CRA, whether it be EQ, TU, or EX were the most helpful.  Someone else on this forum advised me to get the reports directly from the reporting agencies.  Also be sure when you look at the reports online to click on "show all details". 

I see why credit repair companies charge so much for their services.  This is a long and tedious job, if you have credit issues like in my DDs case.  Between the three CRA she has 34 medical collections.  Some are duplicates among the bureaus, some are not.  Almost all the dates are different between the three bureaus.  All are reported differently..ie some are TLs, some are collections, some are "other". 

BUT, I know the satisfaction will come when these reports are cleaned up and my DD has a decent credit history....she deserves it.  College took a toll on her (and us) from a credit standpoint....but I know it can be done.

Keep reading on this forum....when you think you can't read anymore...keep going....I can't tell you how many nights I have "dozed off" at the computer since I found this forum.  If you don't know something ask, if it doesn't get answered or you do not understand the answer ask again.

I am the "dummy" in "Credit Repair for Dummies"  LOLSmiley Surprised
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

molly73 wrote:
which one should you be concerned about then for SOL....should you base SOL off of DOLA or DOFD?

i thought you base it off of DOLA...this is what I am able to get off of my EQ report...I have TC.....but they don't have DOLA or DOFD.

do you think that the EQ reports i get from this site are pretty accurate when it comes to DOLA & that these DOLA would be the same on my TU & EX?

Message Edited by molly73 on 07-23-2008 12:18 AM

I have found the DOLA, DOFD changes from report to report.  The report I got directly from Experian (annual credit report) gives a drop off date for "most" of the baddies!  The report I got directly from EQ does not give a "drop off date" for baddies.  The report I got directly from TU gives drop off dates.  The 3 in 1 I got from TC does not give drop off dates.

I would recommend you get your report directly from each of the three bureaus, either through www.annualcreditreport.com or through the bureau directly.  It's worth paying for just to have the dates and info you need.  I didn't get TU in until yesterday, because of a "fluke" in signing in.  Once I got the TU report in the mail I was able to fill in some of the "holes" in the information. 

If I would have known what I know now, I would have gotten the free reports from www.annualcreditreport.com, did some clean up work, then got the reports through myfico.

BTW, I did subscribe to Scorewatch and TC also.  After reading all the posts I could find, it seems these two are the best.
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

molly73 wrote:

For me, I use CSC not EQ.

But I hear on real EQ reports, they use the DOLA field to report the DOFD.
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.