Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DW starting rebuild

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DW starting rebuild

I am looking for some advice for my DW’s rebuild. She had 3 cards charged off back in 2016, 2 of them are paid off and one will be paid within 2 weeks. She burned the following:

AMEX - settled for less
Citi - settled for less
Sync - To be paid

Her current line up is the following:
Joint Auto Loan - $54K of $62K (October 18)
Kohl’s Charge - $400 limit (has had this card for 4 years)
AMEX Gold - AU on my account
Credit One - AU on my account (I made the mistake of getting this card and adding her and am closing soon)
USAA Classic Visa - AU on my account

I am looking to increase her scores. I am looking for advice on which cards she should get, how many, and should she wait until the last CO is paid & updated before getting a new card?

If more information is needed, let me know. I have not viewed her FICO score yet, however her FAKO scores are TU 673 & EQ 682. I will be setting her up on MF to get her true FICO scores.

Thanks in advance!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DW starting rebuild

From your info so far, I would say cap one and maybe disco, check their prequals.  If disco offers a secured grab it, it will graduate.  If cap one is only secured, wait it doesn't graduate.  Looks like amex and citi will be off the table for quiet a while.  Usually they want all their money back to get back in.  Good luck and what you and DW decide.

Message 2 of 4
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I am looking for some advice for my DW’s rebuild. She had 3 cards charged off back in 2016, 2 of them are paid off and one will be paid within 2 weeks. She burned the following:

AMEX - settled for less
Citi - settled for less
Sync - To be paid

Her current line up is the following:
Joint Auto Loan - $54K of $62K (October 18)
Kohl’s Charge - $400 limit (has had this card for 4 years)
AMEX Gold - AU on my account
Credit One - AU on my account (I made the mistake of getting this card and adding her and am closing soon)
USAA Classic Visa - AU on my account

I am looking to increase her scores. I am looking for advice on which cards she should get, how many, and should she wait until the last CO is paid & updated before getting a new card?

If more information is needed, let me know. I have not viewed her FICO score yet, however her FAKO scores are TU 673 & EQ 682. I will be setting her up on MF to get her true FICO scores.

Thanks in advance!

Its only 2 weeks. Yes wait until all the CO's are taken care of and are reflected on her reports. It will look much better to the UW's that all debts were paid.

Message 3 of 4
Heatt99
Frequent Contributor

If you have USAA, then look into NFCU. 200 secured for a guarantee 6 to 7 month unsecured $2000 limit. Discover prequel or secured route. Maybe a local CU could be of some assistance. Let the reports update before making a move. Best of luck
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.